Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 3: Where did that muscle come from??

I think it is safe to say that I am hurting in places I didn't know existed!! Wow!
After yesterday's awesome workout I was already pretty achy...and then I met with my trainer for a bit of spinning (20 mins) an low-impact Zumba...then I went to an hour Zumba class! Let me tell ya...I am Beat! Day 3 is over and I'm feeling super great to have survived it. Believe it or not I rarely make it to this point without cheating "just a little" and that's just the downward spiral to the end of that attempt. I have been attempting to lose weight various ways for well over a decade...and since I'm only 28 that tells ya I've been doing this since I was a teenager. Never have I lost more than 50 pounds...in fact, after thinking about it a bit I'm almost certain that 36 pounds is the most I've ever lost! So I am ready to bust past that like an all-star!

Last winter/spring was when I lost the 36 pounds and I started off really great! I was going to the Y 4-5 times a week, I was doing pretty good on watching my caloric intake and lost 11pounds the first week, and then 5 or 6 the second, and then it was a smaller number each week because I would cheat just a little more each week until finally after about a month and a half I quit going to the gym because what was the point if I couldn't stick to a diet? Not to mention the fact that my right foot had started hurting pretty bad and then it got even worse when I stopped exercising. I later found out that I have Plantar Faciitis (more commonly known as bone spurs) and will be dealing with that until I get a large portion of this weight off. That's actually what made going back to the gym such a struggle.

Tomorrow I head back to work after having the last two days off. I'm nervous! I always have a more difficult time working healthy eating and exercise into my busy work schedule. But let's face it...that's LIFE! I've got to learn to do it! There is no Biggest Loser Ranch here for me to be able to solely concentrate on weight-loss!!

Pray for me!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment