Friday, November 17, 2017

November 17th, 2017: New Life, New ways...

Seriously, this way of living is a totally new way of life. No joke. When I did low calories, I could eat out just about anywhere, and just order healthier smaller portions. And I would think Keto would be the same, but I got a rude awakening. I went to eat lunch with my momma and granny for my mom's birthday. I was a little concerned, because I knew we were going to a small cafe, and those places like their breading! Lol. Well I get there and I had already decided I was going to try for some Grilled chicken and a side salad. Sounds easy enough, right? Nope. They had ZERO chicken that wasn't breaded. I KNOW my commitment to the way of eating is at 100%, because, in the past, I would have just said, well a little breading on the chicken won't hurt. But today, nope. I held my head up and I enjoyed a nice visit with my family while they ate the carbs (mom had a salad with ham in it, I opted out because that pre-diced ham has added sugars) and I had a me a tasty glass of water. LOL. And then I came back to work and warmed up my Stir-Fry that I meal-prepped on Sunday for the whole week. Woohoo! So now my tummy is nice and full, and I have zero guilt. That's the way to live!

Tomorrow is the final weigh-in for the competition. I am not going to win. NOT because I didn't give it all of my effort, but because there's no way I could lose 15 pounds this week to catch up to the girl in the lead. The fact that I'm in the Top 10 of so many people with me having PCOS makes me pretty dang proud anyways. And I had to get 10,000 steps 6 days this week to complete the last workout challenge, so now I'm in the running to win a sweet $250 prize. Woohoo!

I'm feeling good! I'm feeling strong and accomplished! And because I feel like being in this competition has caused me to veer away from some bad decisions, I joined their next one! It starts the day after Thanksgiving and runs 4 weeks up to the Saturday before Christmas. I really think it will help me to stay accountable during one of the toughest times of the year to behave!

I'll check in with you soon with my Week #8 Results!

Xoxo...Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment