Saturday, June 18, 2016

June 18th, 2016: This girl is in Love with her Fitbit

So about a month ago, I decided that I really wanted a Fitbit. I thought it would be a great way to see where I was and start making some progress towards being more active. I KNOW I'm not active enough. I went from having a job as a photographer where I'm up on my feet all day moving around and stuff, to sitting at a desk 95% of the work day. NOT good for my fitness, but great for my Plantar Faciitus. I used to come home after work and sit in the car for an hour because my feet hurt to badly to get out. It was awful. So now I only have that issue when I'm really active. The good thing is that I found that the pain went down significantly when I lost all of that weight before. So....I'm ready for it. Push through the pain and the benefits will be totally worth it!
Anyways, about this fitbit thing...so I got mine a few weeks ago and started seeing where I was. They say a normal active person should strive for 10,000 steps a day. I was getting anywhere from 1,200(I laid on the couch 75% of the day watching Netflix on a Sunday) to 3,500 on a normal day with a few days bouncing up to 6,000 on the weekend if I went to Cape and went to the mall and shopping and all of that. So my first goal was to set my step goal to 5,000 and know that I better get some more on the weekends. Today is Saturday and by noon I was at 6,200!! Lol. Wowsa! I've NEVER hit 10,000 steps before so that seems crazy to me that people can do that daily. I'm gonna get there though! I got all those steps in today because I walked with my lovely motivators my hubby and my sister to the park about a mile away and back. We took a break at the park and let my little nephews play. It was super fun except for the killer migraine I get from being in the sun.
Something I'm going to add to my blog is what I'm eating every day. I'll at it at the end of my posts each day. I'm doing this mostly because last time I was doing this people would always ask me what I was eating. So this way I can just send people here.  I'm also going to do the majority of my posting about weight loss on Instagram so that I don't fill up my Facebook news feed with stuff that annoys people who aren't on this journey with me. I'm still going to share my blog to Facebook everyday though. Instagram has a huge community of weight loss oriented people that I find to be very helpful! Hashtags are the key to linking up with those folks and I just love it! If you want to follow me on Instagram search my name or myjourneytofindingme and you'll find me. 

I spent my evening on the St. Louis Iron Mountain Railway Train ride, which my momma treated me to. It came with dinner which stressed me out because I had no idea what would be available. So I went very stingy on my calories throughout the day in preparation for that. It isn't to big of a deal for me because I'm always hungrier later in the evenings anyways so it worked out. Dinner came in right under 800 calories, which is WAY more than I would normally do, but thankfully I got in over 8,000 steps today, so I think I should be OK. 

Goodnight friends! This girl is exhausted! And I still get to drive an hour home, but wanted to get my blog posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment