Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20th, 2016: Pushing Through the Pain

Oh man. I'm a crazy person. I mean really. When I woke up yesterday morning I was exhausted and worn out from getting those 10k steps and everything else. So yesterday I was lazy. Until 8:30...when I convinced myself to go on a short walk with my hubby because I was only at 4,000 steps for the day. So...I went. And went...and went...and before I knew it we walked all the way to the park, which is a mile. I seriously contemplated staying there and having him go home and get the car and come back for me. But I would of had to sit it the dark, alone...um no... Not a chance. So I walked home. Two miles. That may not seem like much to some, but for me, its something I've never done before and now I've done it two days in a row!! The cool thing was, when we got back to our apartment I was at 9,200 steps!! And there was no way I was stopping THAT close to 10k. So, I walked a little more. I was soooo proud of myself when I got home! I had to sit on the couch for a bit to recooperate, haha, but I made it!

But then....the morning came...and so did the achy muscles. I am HORRIBLE at remembering to stretch. You are supposed to before AND after. Pshhh..not me...I'll just wake up and be extra sore for fun! So I went on with my day with a few winces here and there, but I survived the workday.

After work, I made the next logical step in this crazy journey. I rejoined the Y. I really, honestly feel that to maintain long-term success, I need a gym. The YMCA is 30 miles from my house, so some might think I'm a little crazy, but it's in the same town I work in, so for me, it was logical. I plan to make sure I go at least 3 days a week to workout, I'd like to swim (or move around in the water) once a week, and then walk outside at least once, if not twice a week. I want to keep it all switched up so I don't get bored. If I get bored, then I'll lose momentum. 

I planned ahead and brought workout clothes to work with me so my lovely cousin, Jessica, met me at the Y and we hopped on the Elipticals. For me, it's the best way to get cardio in. The treadmill kills my feet and so does the walking track, and my hips are to wide at this point for the Arc Trainer, so yea....Eliptical. I remember the first time I ever got on one...I made it maybe 3 minutes and thought I was gonna die! Haha...I got on today not really knowing what to expect. At first, it was a breeze, but by 5 minutes in...I started feeling every muscle in my body. I really thought 10 minutes...that's all I can do...I decided I was going to do 10 and then take a short break and hop back on and do 10 more. But as I came up on 10, I look over at Jessica...and she looks great. She's just humming along...and I think, nope, if I get off of here, I'm gonna give up. So I took and brief pause to lower my 170 beat per minute heartrate...and kept going. I paused a few times throughout...BUT I DID IT..20 minutes! I hope I burned a million calories because that 20 minutes was way harder than the 2 mile walk (that took an hour). I have a newfound appreciation for my resilience! I mean, I put it all out there and pushed until I thought I was gonna die. 

I've dealt with a migraine/headache since last night that just kept getting better & worse all throughout the day. By the end of my 20 minutes in hadies, I mean on the eliptical...it was pounding like my brain was trying to jump out of my head. And that lovely feeling has followed me through the evening and made me have a very sad night. Hoping and praying for a better day tomorrow.

On the food side of things, I ate all day. No joke. Like...I had the serious munchies. Luckily I went to work prepared with lots of healthy low-cal options so I didn't blow my calorie goal.

Breakfast
Protein Smoothie: 1 cup of unsweetened Almond milk, 1 scoop of vanilla protein, 1 cup of cherry blend mixed fruit=250 calories (it tasted to heavy on the protein stuff so I'm gonna have to modify this one for me)

Snack
1/2 serving Pretzel sticks= 60 cals
Kashi Organic Promise Cocoa & Coconut Granola = 130 cals

Lunch
Spaghetti Squash with homemade meat sauce, baby carrots, 1/2 serving Pretzel sticks, Cream cheese (with ranch powder for dipping the carrots) = 344 cals

Snack
1oz Coby Cheese w/ grape tomatoes - 140 cals

Dinner (breakfast for dinner)
I made a scramble with: 3 large eggs, 4oz diced ham, 1 cup of fresh mushrooms, & 1/2 cup of mild cheddar cheese. 1 piece of whole wheat toast with a little butter, and a side of 3 pieces of turkey bacon. = 682 cals

Total calories for the day were 1606 and I only drank water which is a BIG deal for me, because I want mountain dew and I want Moster Java Mean Beans RIGHT NOW! Lol :)

Good night y'all! I'm taking some meds and passing out!
 I know the spaghetti squash looks crazy, but it's really not bad.


This was the scramble...looks gross..tastes AMAZING! Lol

Yes, I do play with my food on occassion...

No comments:

Post a Comment