Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 21, 2016: Non-Scale Victories

So there is this new concept in the weight loss world called non-scale victories or NSV. Well maybe it's just new to me, but anyways...it pretty much is just something you have done to make a positive change toward your weight loss goals that isn't on the scale. I like this concept. I really think it might help to stay positive even during plateaus.  I've already had quite a few NSV's this time around. Walking 2 miles, making it 20 minutes on the Elliptical without stopping for a break, cutting out sodas and my beloved Mean Beans. I'm not saying that I will never have them anymore, but only on a rare occasion. These caffeine headaches are killing me, so I definitley want to stay away from the caffeine on a regular basis. I've done that before and haven't had an issue. My thing is...water is boring...sometimes I just want something with a little flavor! Lol...and currently I am not able to drink or eat anything that is sweetened with fake sweeteners. My pallet is very sensitive to them right now and I can't do it. It's a tiny bit annoying, because that's a low calorie way to get rid of my sweet tooth, but, oh well.

This time around I'm trying to be a little more conscious of what composes the calories I'm eating. For instance, last time, for the most part, I ate what I wanted as long as I didn't go over 1800 calories per day. This time I want them to be healthier calories. I'm trying to stay away from low-calorie and low-fat products because apparently they have a ton of junk in them to make them that way (see how scientific I was there :) haha). I'm also trying to just make all-around healthier choices. It's hard...so, so hard. I've been going around for the past few days saying, "I just want a big fat cheeseburger, and mozzarella sticks, and cheddar peppers and a chili cheese coney." LOL! But really, I do want those things...badly. With about 300 Mean Bean Coffee Drinks to wash it all down. I'd probably be physically ill and then feel like crap and there is NO WAY I am doing that to myself. I think I really am going to make some healthy cheeseburgers this weekend though. Yum... Yea I think about food all the time. That's something I need to fix. But right now it's a combo of fat girl thoughts and calorie conscious forethought. I want to make sure that I'm prepared for what's ahead and for curve balls as well.

I barely got any sleep last night, which was the second night in a row. My body requires 8 hours of sleep minimum, and I slept less than 6 hours the last two nights and tossed and turned the entire time. So, needless to say, by the end of the work day, I was dragging butt. I drove over to the Y, planning to warm up on the treadmill and then give Zumba a try, since I loved it so much last time. I ended up sitting in my truck and almost fell asleep in 10 minutes! Sooooo I thought, after having that horrible 24 hour migraine yesterday, maybe my body just needs a  little rest. So I came home and cooked dinner and I'm going to bed!

Breakfast
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie: 2tbsp PB, 1 small banana, 1 Scoop Protein Powder, 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk = 450 cals

Lunch
Turkey & Cheese Wrap: 4oz Honey Turkey Breast (fresh from the deli), 1 slice of Mozzarella Cheese, 1 Flatbread w/ 2 tbsp of cream cheese w/ranch powder for a nice kick of flavor, and a small tomato = 340 cals

Afternoon Snack
1/2 cup cottage cheese & a serving of Stacy's Bagel Chips = 230 cals

Gatorade because I am so tired of water = 80 cals

Dinner
A scramble because it's easy and I'm sleepy! 3 large eggs, 2oz diced ham, 1 cup mushrooms, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese = 457

Total calories today 1557, not bad, I just wish I had moved more today!






No comments:

Post a Comment