Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 22nd, 2016: Caffeine Withdrawal is for the dang BIRDS!

I'm going to die. Like...seriously...my body is revolting against me and this is the end. Ok..maybe it's not quite that serious but that's how it feels. On Monday, June 13th I drank 2 15oz Monster Java Mean Beans and maybe a can of Surge too. That was my normal up to that point. 2 Mean Beans almost every day. Tuesday, I had one, and no Surge (that's when I started back on my calorie counting), Wednesday the same. Thursday and Friday were caffeine free days, and then on Saturday I drank half of a can of Surge (which made my stomach feel disgusting!). So that was it....today is Wednesday...Day 4 straight of no caffeine and my 3rd day of having a headache/migraine. I'm dying. Lol...So I made a decision...I literally am not capable of working out while feeling this poorly. When my heart rate goes up from working out (or moving vigorously, take your pick), then that mild headache turns in to the Tsunami of all Migraines and makes me think I need to start writing my Will. So that decision is...I'm gonna get a Mean Bean today. One. I'm ok...really I am. I can do this. I just can't get a good burn in, if my head is about to explode and if Monday is any indication, even if I were to push through that and go ahead and workout, then I go home and crash from the pain. That doesn't work either.

I remember that one thing about my last little 5 month long saga of weight loss was that it was super hard for me to keep up with my day-to-day life chores. You know, like laundry, dishes, blah, blah all the stuff we just LOVE to do. Haha... I am determined to make that a priority this go around. I'm not in a weight loss competition this time. I need to find balance with my every day life, because I want this to be sustainable. It IS my life. Lol...duh... I'm working on the mind shift and not going back to all the same habits as when I was in the competition. I was 100% focused on weight loss and nothing else. Which worked for me, but I did get burnt out. And that's a big no-no for me. So that means I have to do some serious house cleaning this weekend, yay! Not!!

Some of you may know, and some may not, that Jamie and I are licensed Foster parents. We have to have a case worker come to our home every three months and do a home visit to make sure all of the safety stuff is in order and our house is nice & tidy. She's coming next Tuesday (on my birthday) so that'll be some nice motivation to catch up on some of the chores that have gone undone. I love to have motivation to clean! Haha, otherwise I just put it off. Boo! Lol

So last night I went to bed at 7pm...haha...yup you read that right...and I slept through to 6am this morning. It felt GREAT! Except for the achy muscles and tired bones from some fat chick laying on me all night...(Oh that's me, haha)! Anyways...I'm a napper, so usually I take at least a 30 minute nap on my lunch break at work. It makes me feel more awake and focused for that last 4 hours of the day. They say overweight people sleep more..yea that's totally me. I'm ready to say goodbye to that part of my life. I feel like I waste so much time that could be used more productively by sleeping, or lazying around because my body is to tired to do anything. But today...there will be no nap...who needs one when you've slept 11 hours!

Well, I started writing this on my lunch break, but then right after, my head was killing me, so I took two extra strength Excedrin and I just want you to know that I feel so much better and I'm not going to be getting a Mean Bean after all. I don't need those calories. There are 180ish grams of caffeine in a Mean Bean and 130ish in two Excedrine, so that's why it's helping with my migraines so well. They are obviously from the caffeine! Yay...I'm so glad I got that all figured out!

So now it's the end of the day and I've been to the Y with my awesome cousin Jessica and her sister joined us too! We were planning to torture ourselves in Zumba today, which I was totally excited about...but...it was cancelled. :( How sad. So we regrouped and went into the fitness room and did a 5 minute warm up on the Ellipticle, then we did the arm weight machine things and abs, then 15 more minutes on the Ellipticle (torture, death, killer) then we walked a few laps and did 5 minutes on this nifty machine called the Arc Trainer. I did it a lot last time when I came, and loved it. Anyways, then we went outside to jabber about healthy eating and who knows what else and I look down at my FitBit and low and behold, I was still sitting at 4,200 steps. What the crap? Lol...the workouts on the machines aren't really counted on the steps and I really wanted my 5,000 steps before I left! So...we walked AROUND the Y, haha. Whatever gets it done right?? :) There is no better feeling than when that fitbit starts buzzing to let me know I've reached my goal for the day! And you know what? I sure wouldn't have put in that extra little push of effort if I didn't have it. I just love it.

Anywho...I'm exhausted and ready to Netflix & Chill for a bit and then pass out.
Here's my breakdown of food for the day...

Breakfast 
The same PB Banana Smoothie as yesterday (it's super yummy, and I have to eat the bananas before the go bad) = 450 cals

Lunch
Turkey & cheese wrap, tomotoes, and pickles(dill pickles don't have any calories!) = 315 cals

Snack
Kashi Cocoa Coconut Granola = 130 cals

Dinner
8oz New York Strip steak, Baby Kale Salad Mix w/Parmesan-Romano Cheese & 1tbsp Ranch = 503 cals

I tapped out at 1398 cals today, so I may have a late night snack of some strawberries or something later. Follow me @ honorwarren on My Fitness Pal to check out the detailed version of my diary! I'm also on Instagram @ myjourneytofindingme. I love you guys!! And my blog is at over 10,000 views now!! That's freaking unbelievable! You guys ROCK!

Mmmmm GRANOLA! I need some Yogurt to go with it...lol


Doesn't that look super tasty?! I love it!


I can't believe I ate KALE! That's a big deal for me, but seriously, it tasted just like all the other spring mix style salad mixes so I'm down with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment