Monday, October 16, 2017

October 16th, 2016: I'm Still Here

Oh my Gosh! I know, I know, I've been terrible about blogging! Lol. I never said I was going to do it daily this time. And honestly I'm all about blogging when I have good news and things are going great. But this weekend was crazy busy, and a I didn't get around to it.

Soooo let's start out with my wiegh in results. This week I weighed in at 365. That means that in three weeks, I've lost 20 pounds. I'll take it! I only lost 2.8 this week, but it's a loss. This was my special lady week, so I thought it was hindered a bit by water retention or bloating, but here it is Monday and I've actually gone UP a pound. What the crap man?! So yea, I'm in a poopy mood. I've been fighting mild depression all day. How sad that something so temporary can do that to me, but if one thing can put my in a bad mental state, it's my body. I KNOW that I can push through this. But in this moment, I'm angry and defeated and I want a cheeseburger with Mozzerella sticks and a Pumkin Pie milkshake. I also know that eating all of that would most likely make me sick as a dog, so I had almonds and sugar free M&M's instead. Lol.

I can do this. I just have to push through. I have to keep going. I KNOW I need more exercise. The problem with that comes with a story:

Saturday morning I got up, and I did my weigh-in and then we got ready for the A21 walk. It was supposed to be about a mile walk wearing T-shirts and signs and walking in a straight line to help raise awareness for Human Trafficking in the US. I was so happy to be able to do it! I've been walking a mile 2-4 times per week and though, heck yea, I've got this.

So we get there and all is good, I'm pumped and ready to go, and even though I knew right away I was the biggest person there, I wasn't focusing on that. I was ready to walk. So here we go...walk from the grocery store, across the street, about 100 yards or so later, I am watching the people in front of me and they keep holding their phones up high and taking pictures and videos of this powerful movement of people. Me, being me, I think, hey self! Let's take a pic of this to share on the facebook! So I get my phone out and I hold it up high to take a picture..and the next thing I know...I'm eating the pavement. Yup...I fell flat on my face. Well...not technically, technically I slow fell, holding my phone up to try to keep from hurting my precious baby phone, I failed. I landed mostly on my left side, hurting my left knee, elbow, and arm muscles pretty badly and somehow hurting my left heel. And the grand finale...I shattered the back of my phone. Sad, sad day. It was the single most embarrassing thing ever. The entire walk stopped and everyone started bowing out to try to get a look at the idiot that couldn't walk on uneven sidewalk and I. was. mortified. I'm like, go, go, go, go....just leave my to die in my embarrassment! I made my way with my lovely support group to the end of the line. I don't think anyone could believe I was ok. Hell I wasn't even sure I was convinced I was ok, but nothing felt broken, so I was gonna finish this dang walk that claimed the life of my beautiful phone screen. Much to my own amazement, I did it. And I was feeling pretty proud of myself afterward too!

I came home with hubby and my cuz Jess and did a few final things for our party, I was VERY glad I had been on top of things the night before and pretty much had the entire thing ready to go. So I was able to chill out and visit and blab, and blab some more and do my makeup (mermaid) and hers (cute scarecrow) for the party. The rest of my weekend kindof went by in slow-mo because by the end of Saturday I was in some serious pain and then Sunday was ROUGH, I barely got the laundry even done. But I survived! I'm feeling a little better today, but I still didn't work out at all. I'm going to do something tomorrow for sure!

Good night y'all!
Xoxo...Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment