Wednesday, October 18, 2017

October 18th, 2017: The Brain is a Fickle Thing

As I'm sure you guys are fully aware. My brain is my biggest obstacle in the journey to being a healthier me. 100%. It is my frenemy. Ok I don't know if that works here but it's an issue for sure.

I have been struggling to stay on track. I am doing fine with my food choices, but I am NOT getting enough exercise in. It feels 100 times harder this time. It hurts to do anything. More than ever before. I have this DEEP desire to be active and fit, yet my body is fighting me the entire way! It's annoying!

So when you are trying a new way of eating, people tend to take notice. One of the first people to become curious is my boss. She is what I would refer to as "skinny" but she is constantly on a mission to lose weight and her hubby has some health issues, so when she heard of what I was doing, she had a ton of questions, and within a few days, she had them both on a low carb life. Why am I telling you this? Well because of her decision, she brought all the snack cakes from her home, to work. We have a bunch of guys that will just eat that mess up. Except...they are taking forever. And those snack cakes are staring me in the face every dang day. And the scale has been a butt munch to me this week, and as I'm just really getting started, I find that to be absolutely ridiculous and annoying and I want to eat ALL THE SNACK CAKES....

I didn't. But I easily could have. They are the devil. The only kind that are left, I don't even care for. But right now, they look tasty. And I would love to eat one. And then cry about it the rest of the day and beat myself up about it. THAT's why I don't. But the constant mind games I'm playing with myself is a little insanity inducing to say the least. But...the silver lining is...so far, so good. So far, I have held out and have not made a single bad eating decision. Sugar free M&M's with Almonds are DEFINITELY keeping me sane. I know they are a crutch. But right now, they are keeping me from making a FAR worse decision. So right now. I'm rolling with it.

That's all! Gotta get to bed, I'm falling asleep over here. Thanks for tuning in. I feel like a soap opera these days, but hey, those are fun...so....ha.

Xoxo...Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment