Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10th, 2016: Post Weigh-in Head Games


Ok, so I don't know about anyone else, but I struggle SO much after I weigh-in. Good or bad. If it's good, then I struggle with reasoning with myself that I had a great week, so I deserve a treat right? If it's bad I struggle with, Well it's not like it matters anyways!

Um...no I don't deserve a treat, and yes it does matter! Geez Honor, pull it together woman! I 100% believe it's ok to veer off of 'plan' every now and then, so long as it's not something crazy, and as long as I can stay within my calorie goal. Today, I had FAR to many carbs. But...I didn't eat a candy bar, or a bag of candy corn & peanuts, or a yummy Blizzard...nope. I ate crackers with my chili...lol. And I had some Bagel Crisps. Things that I knew were going to throw my carbs over the top today, but it didn't stop me. BUT, my calories were still really good today, so I have NO INTENTION of letting myself get all crazy over it. I can't be perfect on my diet every day. And that's ok. I'm still losing weight. I'm still succeeding at this. And I'm still going to reach my goals.

I spend too much time thinking about what derailed my weight-loss journey last time. It's almost like I feel the need to analyze and over-analyze what happened to try to make sure it doesn't happen again. I mean, I gave up. I quit. The crazy thing is, I was looking at my weight-loss through MyFitnessPal, and you see my weight go down and down all the way to the finish of the Competition and then bam...it slowly goes back up. I never kept it even the same for any length of time. What a crying shame! I feel like I have to understand everything that happened though. I have to make sure that history doesn't repeat itself. And I can. I can DO this!

62 pounds....I keep thinking about that. 62 pounds in a little less than 4 months. That's freaking awesome! I have to make sure I don't diminish the significance of that. 72 pounds is how much I lost during the competition. in 4 months. My 4 month mark is 9 days from today for this go-around. I don't think I'm going to match the 72 pound mark, but I feel so much stronger and so much better on the inside than I was back then. And that is super important for getting it off and keeping it off.

So anyways...today was my day off from the gym. But I have been enjoying how great I feel after I do my lunchtime walks soooo much. So I went ahead and walked today. On my day OFF I've hit my 7k step goal. That makes me happy. :)  Work was a normal crazy Monday and I enjoyed getting to come straight home afterwards. I whipped up a batch of Doc's Chili, and then I've spent my evening sitting here watching a Documentary on Netflix called "Fat to Finish Line". It's very inspiring and has totally got me motivated!

Here is the breakdown of my Food Choices today:

Breakfast
Oats with Simply Fruit Peach Spread and a Banana = 281 cals

 Morning Torture
Apple Cider Vinegar with 4 ounces of Vegetable Juice = 25 cals (it's not so bad now that I'm getting used to it, yes Barbara you were right! Lol)

Lunch
6oz Chicken and Stirfry, baby carrots, 1oz Colby Jack Cheese = 320 cals

Snack
Apple Slices = 80 cals

Another Snack
Bagel Chips =130 cals

Dinner
3 cups of Doc's Chili and 5 saltine crackers = 546 cals

v8 Fruit Fusion Juice - 50 cals

That puts me at 1432 calories total for the day. Not too shabby considering how horrible my cravings were today. I'm proud of myself for staying strong!

Goodnight!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment