Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 11th, 2016: Big News for Us!!

Today has been a crazy day! We woke up to a message from the step-mom of our niece that we were trying to get custody of a few months back. Circumstances have changed and she feels that moving her to our home would be in our nieces best interest. I had 100% lost hope that she would be coming to live with us, since the case was closed. And I made peace with that. She has a brother there (they live in Michigan) and her step-sisters and of course her step-mom. But now, she may be coming to live with us after all. I'm not sure what the future holds. I know that the move will be insanely hard on her and a huge adjustment. But I also know that we can be great parents to her and give her a good, loving home to grow up in.

Our hope, is that after she has lived with us for a while, we will be able to make her a permanent member of our family. So y'all keep us in your prayers for that. Because all of this is going to be a big deal. To top off my day, we also received the go-ahead from our loan people on our house! We have an official closing date! Next Monday! Whoop whoop!!!!

Before I started my day today, I knew that I was going to be using my lunch hour to go to the doctor. (yearly exam), so I got up early and went for a walk. I made GREAT time! It was pretty awesome! I got my 2 miles in before I even left for work.

Thank goodness I got that cardio in early! Work was NUTS!! It did make the day go by faster though, so that's good. I actually stayed late at work because today was shut-offs, so I got off at 6 and headed straight to the gym. I jumped in 15 minutes late on the Zumba class and STILL hit my 10k steps by the end. Woohoo!! So my cousins were there and we went and hung out and gabbed for a while in the sauna. I love getting to chat my head off about anything and everything! Lol

I came home and threw some Chicken Legs on the grill and had me a big ole' chicken salad for dinner. Yum.






Here is the breakdown of my food choices today:

Breakfast
Oats with Peach Preserves = 205 cals

Apple Cider Vinegar and Vegetable Juice = 25 cals

Lunch
Chicken Stir-Fry, Baby Carrots, and an ounce of cheese = 320 cals

Then my boss brought Salt Water Taffy into the office :( I ate 6...160 cals

Snack
Apple Slices & an Energy Drink = 180 cals

After Workout
Almonds = 170 cals

Dinner
Salad with Chicken & a few bites of Jamie's mashed potatoes (oops) = 413 cals

That puts me at 1473 calories for today. And it's almost 10 and I am ExHAUSteD! Lol. So this girl is headed to bed!

Goodnight
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment