Thursday, October 13, 2016

October 13th, 2016: Slight Freak-out Mode

Ok, if I'm being 100% honest, I'm freaking out a little. Like....I'm most likely going to be a parent. The current guardian of our niece goes to court at the end of this month to get the process started and then once it's done we will have guardianship of her. Both parents have said they are ok with us adopting her too. So sometime next year, we will hopefully be seeing that happen too. But one thing at a time. My current freak-out is just realizing everything we will be responsible for. With our kids that were fostered, yea there were a lot of rules and stuff that were a pain, but their insurance was paid for, they got tons of free clothes and toys and all sorts of stuff, their lunches were paid for and we had a small check that really helped a lot with the expenses. Not with guardianship. No assistance at all.

Ok, I know it sounds like I'm being a baby, but when people have kids, it's something they plan for (usually), I'm a planner. That would be me. They rearrange their finances and get it all figured out. We are being thrown into this. Yea, we make ok income, but our budget fits our income and we are buying a house! Eeek...like, can we do this!? I mean, I know we can. I know we will make it work, because this is what we've always wanted. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to freak out a little. I have been finding myself think of all the stuff that;s going to change. With the foster kids, childcare was provided. Um....thank God for family. My mom is gonna watch her when Jamie is working (he get's some weekdays off) and my sis plans to fill in when needed. I just hope she loves everyone and everyone loves her.

So yea, that's what has been going on in my brain all day. Well part of it anyways. Work was pretty steady today. I got a TON of stuff done today for real! It was like, because my brain was so busy, I had to keep my hands busy to keep up. Lol. I don't know, but I got a lot done, and that's awesome.

The weather cooperated and I was able to go for a walk. I walked down the main road that I drive in on and had planned to walk to the end. But....as I got about 3/4 of the way down, I saw I dog a little ways away down a fence row that led to the road. And I noticed....as I walked further down the road the dog walked closer toward the road....uh oh...he was in protection mode. Eeek! I had nothing to protect myself with either! So I turned my booty around and head back toward the office. 2 miles was NOT worth getting attacked by a dog today. I made it over a mile and a half and ended up with a little more than 5k steps at the end of my lunch. I love it!

After work I headed to the gym and did my arm torture and then went to Zumba. I was happily over 10k steps when I left. I planned to come home and warm up some stir-fry because I wasn't hungry on my lunch. But no...I drove by the Chinese place and it smelled heavenly, so I stopped and got that for diiner. THEN I was gonna go home and use my extra time to pack. Nope....cute babies (my nephews) in the window next door drew me in and I ended up spending almost 2 hours at my sister's apartment. LOL.

And that's all she wrote. Another successful day! 1200 calories burnt too. That's the good stuff right there!

Here's the breakdown of my food choices today:

Breakfast
Oats with Brown Sugar and Light Maple Syrup a Banana & some Vanilla Spice Tea = 264 cals

Apple Cider Vinegar & Vegetable Juice = 25 cals

Lunch
Baby Carrots & Colby Jack Cheese = 136 cals

Snack
Protein Shake & Apple Slices = 180 cals

Dinner
Beef & Brocolli Stir-Fry, a Chicken on a stick, Breaded Shrimp, & Black Pepper Chicken= 805 cals

That puts me at 1385 calories for the day. 90% of it for dinner. I don't know how that happened. I wasn't even hungry most of the day....and then I smelled that Chinese Food and I was like a fat kid moving in on some cake! Dang I want some cake!! Haha.

Goodnight y'all!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment