Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 160: Humbled

Today was a good day. I state relatively busy at work, so the day didn't drag. I went to have lunch at my sister's house and since she is off on the weekends now, she already had my lunch in the microwave when I got there. :-) I could get used to that! I had a Healthy Choice Steamer and some multi-grain Pringles with a yogurt. Yum! And one of the reasons I went to her house is because I totally forgot to make the food I said I would or our church dinner tonight *Sponsered by our small group* so it was pretty important that I bring what I said I would! Lol. So she came to the store before my lunch and helped me get the ingredients I needed for Broccoli Cauliflower Salad mmmmMmmm!!!! Lol. And I made it on my lunch break. :-)

Then I only had a few hours of work left before I headed to church. I haven't been on a Saturday night in a while and I absolutely LOVE my Saturday night Worship! So the reason we were having a dinner was as a thank you to some men who are incarcerated in the Chaffee jail. Yep. You heard me right. The Chief of police over there comes to Terra Nova and he has been bringing 6 men to the church once or twice a week for a while now and they have been doing the construction of our church! (It's an old skating rink that we are remodeling and it was a dilapidated mess a year ago and it has come a LONG way in a year) they are not forced to come, but they do, and they have put a lot of hard work into our church and never even been to a service! So we got it arranged so that they could come I
Church and their families were invited and we had a thank you dinner afterward. Four of the men came. These are men who have had Jesus poured into them during this construction process and they have learned a lot. And at the end of the service ever single one of them want forward to start a journey of life change. It was AMAZING! My sister and with me and we were both overwhelmed by emotion. I mean, we all sin, we all have done bad things, and some of us have done things that could land us right there next to those men had we gotten caught. So it was definitely a humbling experience that left me shaken and craving a closer relationship with God even more!!

On another note: I didn't do to bad on my calories! Lol. I had some good food and stuck right around 1800 for the day. I'm not sad about that!

I'm exhausted and have a million things to do that I won't get done. Lol. So night night!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment