Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 156: Something New

I tried something new today. You have to understand that I go in to work at 10. So I usually stay up until midnight or later (usually aim for midnight) and get up around 9 o get ready for work. So my schedule is a little different from most people. I usually work until 7 or 8, and then if I go to the gym before I come home I get home around 9 or 9:30 and then I eat dinner....then I need to be up for 2 hours after I eat...it's midnight...see...I can't hardly change that. It's just the way my schedule goes. But even if I make it to bed at midnight I get up at 9 that's 9 hours of sleep...if I go to bed at 11...I still get up at 9...that's 10, and I'm thinking more than my body needs...but I CRAVE sleep! It's doesn't matter what time I go to bed, I just can't seem to get up before 9, and it's honestly usually closer to 9:30, then I end up running around like a chicken with my head cut off and not getting to sit down and eat breakfast. What a mess!

So I did it all different today. I took a shower last night. And then I went to sleep way later than usual...so I was afraid that might screw my plan up. But I usually wake up naturally between 8 and 8:15. I dot know if it's the sunlight coming in through the windows or what, but recently I've been like that almost every day. And I did today too! But instead of rolling over and catching another hour or so of sleep I went ahead and got up. I took care of my animals, had a time for bible study, made myself an omelet/scramble for breakfast AND packed my lunch...of course I was running a little late by the time all was said and done, but hey, one thing at a time!! Lol.

So I should be weighing in this morning, especially since I didn't do it last Tuesday...but it's not good. My ankles are swollen, I've been sick for nearly the past two weeks, which oddly for me means I gained weight, and things just aren't pretty. But I am back on the bandwagon. For real. I've wasted to much time per the last month and haven't seen nearly the results I anticipated before hand. No more excuses. Ok, well maybe a few, but time to get back on teach 100%.

Maybe I need to push mow my yard. Lol. That burns some serious calories! We actually have to push mow because we don't have a rider, but I like talking my hubby into it because he needs the exercise! Lol!!

After work I went to the gym and did Zumba for the first time in two weeks. I was really scared. I went in to it telling myself that I was going to be careful and not push to hard just to test the waters. About 15 minutes in, my knee started bothering me. I pushed through to 30 minutes and then decided I better call it a day for today. Now that I'm home my knee is still bothering me, but not really super bad. I've got to get this knee back in to shape!

I think I have sit here and watch two or three Biggest Loser episodes and now it's nearly 1:00 in the morning and I'm thinking I should have already been in bed! Lol. Jamie and I are planning to go to this place tomorrow that I've never been to that has a boardwalk and fishing. I'm going for the scenery and to take pictures. Jamie is going to fish! Lol! I'm ready to go! But right now, I'm exhausted!

Good night!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment