Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 126: NEVER give up!

The one thing you always have to remember through any struggle you might face while trying to change your life is that it is NEVER to late. You are NEVER a lost cause. And at NO point have you reached the point of no return!! You CAN change. You CAN keep going.

People who say this isn't that hard or all it takes is dedication are either liars or it's easier for them than it is for me! Because this is VERY hard and it takes dedication, determination, faith, hope & a mind-set that even when you fall off the wagon for a day, a few days, a few weeks, months or EVEN years---you can still refocus, reevaluate, & get back on track.

If you are overweight, then most likely it's because you have a mental issue that causes you to turn to food in times of stress, for comfort, or any other number of reasons. It's a Brain thing! And unless you Really look at yourself and work to shift your mental focus...all of the hard work will be wasted.

I don't know why, but I just had to share all of that. Lol. I'm working on practicing what I preach and I will be the first to admit that it is a daily struggle for me. But I keep reminding myself of how much I'm going to gain from all of this hard work! Sometimes it's almost impossible to push through the cravings though. And let me tell ya...when I do give in to the temptation as SOON as I swallow, I regret it.

Having something that isn't healthy is NOT against the rules for me. Because I know that that is just not something that I could stick with. But the problem for me is not just indulging in one thing. After I have indulged that one time, it seems to be easier to indulge again and again and again. And then after a while you get to where you don't have that feeling of regret as soon as you take that bite. I get numb to the feeling. So I can't ever let myself get to that point again.

Okay I'm done for the night, I need to go to bed and get some rest!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment