Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 127: Better

I'm sure it has been pretty easy to tell that I have been struggling lately. I'm trying REALLY hard to shift my mental focus and stay on track. I have worked out quite a lot over the last week, but I have made some bad food choices. 3,500 calories equal a pound yet way less than that means a pound or even more for me. I'm also fighting with water weight at the moment too, so it's very discouraging.

I made very good eating choices today. I did go out to dinner with one of my girls from work and had quite a few calories there, but I hadn't had very many at all up to that point. I know that's not the way I need to do it, and I'm working on it. I've got to get out of the restaurants. I enjoy eating out waaaaaaay to much and I get carried away. But today was better...

I went to the gym and did a spinning class and an hour of Zumba, and then I did some strength training. I really pushed it on the strength training so I'm planning to be sore tomorrow! Lol.

I've been talking to this girl, Heather, who has been going to my church. She's a junior in high school and is struggling with her weight. I've been giving her advice and tips and trying to help her out. Last night she came to the gym with me and went to Zumba and did some strength training. She's a strong girl! She said that her mom has Huntington's so she wants to get her weight off to prolong the symptoms from coming if she has it too. I don't know anything at all about Huntington's, but it seemed like a huge deal to her and I want to help her.

I can't lose the weight FOR someone, but I sure can give advice and inspiration along the way! And I think stuff like that is what will keep me on track!

Gotta catch some zzz's :-)
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment