Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 133 & 134: Not becoming a habit!

I PROMISE this is not about to be becoming a habit! LOL. I have a really good reason for not blogging yesterday. So here goes... Easter Sunday...the studio's schedule wasn't to bad for the first half of the day, so I was able to go to church with my s and my parents in Bloomfield. After church Daddy actually asked if we wanted to go get something to eat...we were pretty stoked about that because he rarely has the energy, so we jumped on that opportunity! We ended up at a buffet styled steak house and I had very small portions and didnt get wild and crazy, but I could have definitely made healthier decisions. After lunch I went straight to work and was feeling a rumble in my tummy, but I thought I had eaten to much. By the time I said goodbye to my last customer I felt like I was definitely going to be sick! So I put out a closed sign and headed to the restroom. I stayed there forever! I really thought as soon as I got up I would be in trouble. I was dizzy and feeling my stomach lurch. I stayed there for 45 minutes with nothing happening and decided to try to go close the studio real quick so could get home and lay down...but I didn't make it out of the bathroom :-( it was bad. B.A.D.

I finally made it back to the studio, but grabbed a trash bag just in case, because I didn't get that instant feeling of 'better' I still felt TERRIBLE. And I didn't make it through closing before I was sick again. At that point I was weak and feeling pretty miserable, so I mustered up every ounce of energy I had and finished up so I could leave.

When I walked in my front door at 8pm I laid down on the couch and didn't get up a single time until 9:15 this morning!! I felt better this morning, but still definitely not on my 'A' game. I only had a 4 hour shift at work, and by the time I made it through that, I was feeling pretty yucky again.

I had purchased a little $40 grill at Wal-Mart and was really wanting to put it together today and grill my dinner since my grill is all messed up and it doesn't really cook right because of it. It's funny...I spent over $200 for the grill we had, it's all fancy and pretty and has a nice big grilling surface and a little door you can open to add or move charcoal. Yea real nice...until the crappy grill cover came off in the winter and it got all rusted out!! We had it for maybe two or three summers and now it's garbage. And the sad thing is that the base of it is fine! But the part that holds the drawer in at the bottom is a thin price of metal and that rusted, so it's no good now because the whole under side is a gaping hole' what a waste of money! So I got this $40 grill thinking, "Hey if I have to get a new one every year I can afford that!" but you know what? I put that puppy together this afternoon and it's pretty sturdy! I spent less than $10 for a tarp and a bungee cord to lay over it and keep it covered and I'll bet you that $50 lasts me a heck of a lot longer than the other grill! And the kicker is, after I put it together I noticed that the grilling surface is almost as big as the old one was!!

So anywho, I got that done, and that took my energy that I had...so it's rest and relaxing for this sick girl for the rest of the night...no grilling on my new grill tonight, because I feel like doodoo and had to eat something light. Boo. Lol.

Tomorrow is my last day of work before my "Spring Cleaning" vacation and I'm stoked! I'm going to be burning a LOT of garbage and donating anything else we don't need! My hubby is a pretty bad hoarder (he hides it so I don't find it til later, that sneaky man!) so we had lots of JUNK!

Fun times...
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment