Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 67: The D Word & My Soap Box

I feel like I'm going to jinx myself by saying this, but I have to...lol. I really think this is starting to get easier! The food AND the exercise. It's amazing how different I feel. My feet are already starting to be noticeably better. And I'm not quite sure when it happened, but putting on tennis shoes is soooooo much easier!!

I have been utterly overwhelmed by the amount of messages and friend requests I've received on Facebook over the past few days! I love sharing my story and maybe even motivating someone else to start a journey of their own.

I am always so careful not to call my 'eating plan' a 'diet' because that word has always been like a curse word in my vocabulary! It's like this unattainable dream that was never within reach! But the fact of the matter is that the definition of Diet is - the act of restricting your food intake (or your intake of particular foods). Which is EXACTLY what I'm doing. And the reality of my life is that I will most likely always have to be on a 'diet'. I'm not going to lose all of this excess fat and then just go to eating anything and everything I want whenever I want. That's not reality. Reality is that I will always have to restrict my food intake and be especially careful of certain foods. My journey will be on-going as long as I live, but of course, the amount of restriction will change, as I reach a healthier weight. And the same thing goes for you too!

You know, I was watching the Biggest Loser (Season 8) last night, and they were doing this Pop Challenge quiz where they were asked all sorts of health questions. And during this segment I learned that Americans spend $147 BILLION dollars a YEAR on obesity related medical care! Are you kidding me??!!? And it was $90 billion for cancer. And I'm sure you realize that the fight for cancer is HUGE! And insanely expensive for the extremely unfortunate people who have to deal with the Chemo and Radiation and all of the medications and the research and such...and Obesity is 50% MORE than that!!! Wow!! What are we doing to ourselves? Our children? Our families? We are destroying our lives with something that, for most people, is as simple as learning to eat nutritiously with a calorie restricted diet and finding some way to get 30 minutes of Cardio activity a day in (even if it's a walk) and you WILL lose weight! Not as fast as I am, of course, but it will come off! I know that I personally have failed at this for many MANY years...but my eyes are WIDE open now and it's likely to make me crazy!! Lol

And now I will step down off of my soap box... Hehe

So I tried the new wraps that I talked about yesterday, the ones made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil...and I LOVE them! I hate the Taste of many of the healthier bread options, because I always feel like I'm eating cardboard! But these don't have that taste! Yay!! So I definitely enjoyed my lunch today :) I am now headed to the Y to attempt to finish the requirements for the Ironman Competition! I have 6.2 miles of the walk/run left and I am DONE!! I am sooooooo ready to be done too! I am super proud of myself for taking on this challenge and making it happen, but I am also so so ready to go back to my Zumba and Ypump classes and using the Elipticle. Those are my favorites. And with classes I get to see people and visit and that keeps me motivated!

Until tomorrow...
<3 Honor :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment