Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 72: Weigh-In Number Ten

Today marks the end of my tenth week in this journey...it's so crazy for me to wrap my head around! On one hand it seems like it has taken Forever to get to this point, but on the other hand, it seems like it was just yesterday that I sat in a room full of overweight people knowing they were all my competition and sizing them all up!

Last night, after my workout, I had a nice healthy turkey sandwich and some baked Cheetos and I was feeling good! I walk in the front door of my home and my nose is assaulted by the delicious aroma of greasy pizza and chocolate chip cookies!! Are you kidding me!??! I just about had a freakin heart attack! I was instantly ticked off at my husband and decided to take a Melatonin and go to bed before I either killed my husband or ate some food I definitely had no business eating ESPECIALLY the night before a weigh in!!

I had made up my mind...if I had a loss this morning, I was going to treat myself to some All Meat Stuffed Crust pizza, but if I didn't lose anything, I wouldn't be able to splurge because I would have to make up for not losing. So I get on the scale this morning and bam!! Two more pounds!! Woohooo! 297.2...getting farther away from that 300 and it feels great! So that's it! I get pizza for dinner! Out of curiosity I get on My fitness pal and look up the pizza I planned to get....480 Calories PER SLICE! Are you KIDDING me!?? That's pure evil! And I know dang good and well I'm going to eat at least 3-4 pieces because it's been so long since I've had any!! Argh!! 1900 calories? Really!? So I stewed about it for a few hours and in the end I decided that there was no way I spent the last 71 days busting my butt and eating (mostly) healthy to screw up That Bad now. So I got a Veggie Delight pizza and enjoyed a 600 calorie dinner instead of a 2000 calorie one!

In the end, I'm very proud of myself for the way I handled my day. I stayed under 1500 calories AND I burned nearly 1800 today at the gym. :) It has been a very good day for me and I can't WAIT to see what the next few weeks have in store for me!

On Day 1 of my journey my BMI was 56.5. Wow. And today...Day 72, my BMI is 48! So it has dropped 8.5 points! And I've lost 52.7 pounds :-) Yay!!!

Thanks for tuning in ;-)
<3 Honor

2 comments:

  1. husbands are great like that aren't they... Last night I was finished eating for the day (all cept a delicious peanut butter cup cake Jessica made me for my birthday which I had allotted calories for) and Matt calls me from the homestead to ask if I wanted some biscuits and gravy. I was like "are you kidding me?!? I can't eat that now!" I took the kids over and they ate some but I didn't! Good for you for staying strong! Now you know it isn't just your hubby! Weird how different our lives are in some ways and completely the same in others! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you checked it out although we can safely assume that pizza is always going to be a high calorie choice. Hang in there.:)

    ReplyDelete