Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 66: Ahhh Pre-portioning

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again...I love pre-portioning! I am currently hooked on turkey wraps for lunch and I can make a whole package of wraps up in half an hour and I'm good to go for the week! My wraps are pretty simple too! I have tried a few different kinds of wraps and I'm currently trying even another kind, this kind is whole wheat and made with extra virgin olive oil 100 calories per wrap. And I put a thin spread over my wrap (combination of fat free sour cream and dried ranch mix) which keeps it from being to dry and then turkey and lettuce and roll that puppy up! I cut my wraps in half and put them in sandwich bags so that when it's time to pack my lunch, I can grab and go! I like to have yogurt and baby carrots with it and sometimes when I'm feeling dangerous I'll add some sum chips or Lays Baked chips. Mmm...lol. I do the same thing for dinners a lot too. I just feel so busy with work, and working out and everything else. So cooking a little on my days off saves me from making poor decisions through my work week. Plus some stuff lasts much longer than just through the week! Like all that stir fry and chicken a cooked up a few weeks ago...I still have a lot of that in the freezer (thank goodness I have a deep freeze!)

I have been on cloud nine all day yesterday and it has bled over on to today! I've been honest about the fact that I have a bit of a weighing addiction, and it seems like the past 3 or 4 weeks, the day after I weigh I always go up 3 or 4 pounds!! How discouraging!! Well...I'm in 2dur land...so this morning I just couldn't help myself...I got on the scale....AND I'M STILL IN 2DUR LAND! Yay! That may not seem like a big deal to most people, but to me...it's MONUMENTAL!! I even had a nice dinner (including desert) last night at the China Buffet! I still didn't go over my 1500 calorie budget though. :) I just ate really lightly all day because I knew I was having dinner with my family and I wanted to be able to include a little dessert.

My hubby took a progress photo for me last night and I did a little side-by-side compared to day 1 (I'll include the pic at the bottom of my blog--not sure how big it will be on here) I was shocked at how different my face looked!! I didn't realize how pudgy it was getting! see progress!

Thanks for reading!!
<3 Honor

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. I should do a new one but I'm still camera shy even at goal. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete