Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 76: Good food day vs. Bad food day

The weekend is definitely already taking its toll on me! And I still have to get through tomorrow and Monday! It is busier than usual right now at the studio because everyone is getting their income taxes back, so they are having portraits made. Yay us! But training someone while it's busy is hard work!

I find myself daydreaming a lot these days about how great it would be if I didn't have to work. I would be able to go to the gym every day! I just get so overwhelmed sometimes by how busy I feel like I am. And I honestly wonder if I will ever get over that feeling. I have been balancing work with workout time for 2 and half months now, and you would think maybe I would be adjusting a little by now, but the weekends are just really hard on me!

Today actually seemed to go by pretty slow, even though I had a lot to do and I think I know why....When I have good 'food' days, my day seems to fly by. By that, I mean that I feel full all day and don't have cravings to bad and those are GREAT DAYS! And then there's days like today, a bad 'food' day, when I feel hungry all day and I crave sweets and snacks and salty chips all day. It has been SUPER hard and I even went over my calories a little today because it was THAT hard. It seems so weird to me how much my brain plays tricks on me. And feeling hungry, is one of the hardest things for me to overcome. I can forced myself to workout, I can eat healthy food. But when I feel hungry, my brain says it it's time to eat. Some people would say I should have a small snack when that happens. Haha NO. If I went by that today, I would have been munching every 30 minutes. I read somewhere that sometimes an obese person mixes their body's signals of 'I'm hungry' with the signal of 'I'm thirsty' and so when you feel a hunger pain to drink a glass of water. That actually REALLY helps me sometimes! Not today. I think some days are just going to be bad days when it comes to that do I'm just going to have to learn how to overcome it! Today I give myself a D- for effort on that because I went over my calories. I will do better next time. I will!!

Have sweet dreams my friends :)
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment