Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 71: Healthy Life NOT Healthy Diet!

I was talking a little to my sister this morning about our Goal weights. I am 5'5" so according to my doctor, a healthy weight for a woman of my bone structure and height is between 130-144. I originally set my goal to 150. But the honest truth is that, after a lifetime of obesity, my body may not let go of all of that weight. He suggested that we, "Wait and see what the future holds for me". That's great...but I need a realistic goal. So I settled on 175. Which would literally be half of the me from Day 1. Wow. But I really believe I can do it!

I am fully aware that the work does not end when the weight comes off. It's going to be a Healthy Life not a Healthy Diet. I have resolved from Day 1 that this is what I will do and I'm going for it!

It's fun to dream about how things will be when I get the excess weight off, but afterward I have to come back to my reality...I'm still morbidly obese. It's really hard for me, when I am feeling so much better and I'm able to do so much more than I've ever been able to do...and I look in the mirror and then it's like BAM!! I'm still fat...dang. Lol...yea I'm being a little silly I know, but hey, that's me. :-) I really don't want to be that person that loses the weight and then looks in the mirror and only sees what 'used to be' instead of the reality. THAT'S why I took before pictures...I'm a photographer...I can't see a lie in a photograph...it's the 'Honest to God' truth. So...I am excited to see the official before and after!!

Today was a really great day! I kept my diet around 1350 calories and I left 2200 calories on the Zumba floor! I'm noticing a pattern. Monday's are the day before my weigh-ins, and I seem to have really good days on Monday's. If only I could mentally make the shift to treat every day like a Monday, I would be in BUSINESS! If my weigh-in goes really well...then Tuesday is always a great day! But if my weigh-in does NOT go well...then it's a not so good day...it's crazy how I know these things...yet when it starts to go bad, I can't seem to stop it. This is the ONE THING that I KNOW I have control over. That's something I have to keep telling myself...because sometimes I get in to the mindset that I can't help it...and that's just a lie. I can. And I do. And there's no excuse for failing.

Thank you for your support :-)
<3 Honor


P. S. Here's the pic at the Y showing I'm an Iron(wo)man :-)) :-)) I hope I get to take it home after they have them up for a while. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment