Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 68: Looooong Day

I wonder why it is that whenever you are at work and not much is going on it just seems to drag on and on and ON! That's EXACTLY how my day went today! Friday's and Saturday's are my longest shifts at work, and Friday's have been pretty slow lately so they really drag. So guess what I like to do when I'm bored?? EAT!! Ha! Yep, like I've said before I'm a snacker....so when I'm bored...I want to nibble...and it's not usually something healthy that I have in mind! BAD IDEA! So I survived without snacking...but I did NOT survive the day without being bad :( I got off at 8 and I felt like I was starving and exhausted and missing my hubby, because he worked all night last night. So instead of making a Smart decision and going home and fixing a quick dinner...I called him and said we should go eat Mexican...NOOOOOOO...a good hubby SHOULD have said, "Now babe...do you really think that's going to help you reach your goals?" Or, "I thought you wanted to win that $1000!" But that's NOT what my wonderful hubby said....oh no...he said, "Ok honey, I'll meet you there!" And he was WAY to excited about it!! LOL The last time I talked about him in my blog he picked on me about it..I guess I'll find out if he's still reading....(Love you honey)!

I have been having issues with going to sleep and staying asleep lately...I don't know if it's because of all of the new energy I use with my new lifestyle or what, but it's hard to actually fall asleep, and then I wake up throughout the night...YUCK! I need my beauty rest! I always feel like I need 9-10 hours of sleep before I feel rested even when I don't have trouble sleeping! So a few weeks ago I bought some Melatonin (It's a vitamin that promotes sleep) and I love them! Within a half hour or so I'm ready to conk out and stay that way! And the thing I love is that I don't feel groggy in the morning..woohoo! I just wish I could get to where 6-8 hours of sleep had me feeling well rested in the morning. That would be nice!

Have a good day tomorrow! My Melatonin is kicking in! :)

<3 Honor

2 comments:

  1. Melatonin comes in a long acting form. My husband uses it, especially on business trips to get over the time difference sleep patterns.

    I *totally* understand what you are saying about your husband and the Mexican restaurant. Unfortunately, my husband would react the same way... "Cool! Bring more chips!" This is YOUR journey and you have to own it. I know that sounds really lonely when the number one person in your life should have your back, but truthfully, our partners take their cues from us. My husband would protest, (if presented with this situation), "If I told you we should skip the Mexican food, you might think I am calling you fat. I am NOT going there!"

    Honor, it is a really tough road but you are the head cart. YOU have to take the lead and everyone is going to take their cues from you. I will always be here if you need a friend.

    ~Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the melatonin with no success but my daughter swears by it. I gave her the almost full bottle I bought. I'm a new reader so I don't know if your husband is losing weight too or if you are alone. I started out alone and after a year and a half of making two meals each evening, my husband told me he wanted to eat like I was eating. He lost 80 pounds and that was a very good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete