Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 86: Weigh-In Number Twelve

Well, today has been a pretty great day! Obviously the first thing I did this morning was Weigh in. Before I got on the scale all I was thinking is that I didn't want to have gained any. So I get on the scale, and lo and behold, I lost 2 pounds! What the crap? Last week I had a great week and I only lost 1 pound! This week, I have a terrible week, and I lose 2 pounds! My body just doesn't know what it wants to do at this point... But you sure aren't going to hear me complain about it!!

Anytime I have a good weigh in, the rest of my day seems to be awesome too. I spent the rest of the morning and all afternoon working on my two cakes. And I'm really happy with what all I had accomplished on them today.

So once I'm pooped from working on the cakes, then I has to go get dressed and go to the gym! And let me tell you, I worked really hard at the gym today! I burned over 1500 calories!

After my workout, I went straight to Bible study. Tuesday night is ladies Bible study, and I really enjoy it. Tonight we started a floor part series about the women of the Bible. So tonight we talked about Rahab and how she was given the label of prostitute, but in the subtitles it said "or possibly innkeeper" so this poor woman was either a prostitute or in innkeeper! The two labels are very, very different! So of course our main focus on the Bible study was how we are given labels and sometimes they aren't accurate. And that really made me think... appearance wise, I look like someone who doesn't give a crap about her self... But in all actuality we know that I work really really hard to get myself to where I'm healthy. But if a stranger passed me on the street, they would have no idea. That is something that I do struggle with quite a lot.

So right now I'm headed to the gym and Dexter to work out with my mom. I also have a friend who is meeting me there, and she wants to get some advice on weight-loss from me. I really hope she goes for it! I, of all people, know how hard this journey is... but, it is up to the individual person as to whether or not they will put in the work that it takes to get real results. I can supply tools, but I can't do the work for you. That's hard for some people to accept, because they want there to be this easy cure-all to fix it. But really it just takes hard work and dedication. A LOT of hard work and some SERIOUS dedication.

I'm headed in to the gym! Have a good night!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment