Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 11: One Day at A Time

Today has already been pretty great. I love that I can feel my body getting stronger and stronger each day. I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that I am doing so well at this! Typically by this point, I've already gone over my calorie budget at least a few times and I've started to skip days at the gym for some made up reason.

Last night felt great! I went to eat with my sister (something we do together frequently) and we BOTH make healthy choices! I'm so proud of her! She has been on a weight-loss journey of her own for over a year and a half now and has lost 70 pounds! She has taken a bit of a break for the last few months, but has recently jumped back on the weight-loss boat with me. :-)

I use My Fitness Pal to track my calories and cardio so that I can keep a running total of my progress. Be careful though if you use it, because they try to even out your calories, so if you burn 500 calories in the gym, you get to eat 500 more that day! WHAT? Eat back all of my hard work?! I think not! Hehe, so I just keep track of calories consumed and calories burned. Let me tell ya, when it says I've burned more than I've eaten for the day...that's when I get excited!! I really do think that has a large impact on my dramatic weight-loss.

So I have a confession to make...because the scale said something so unbelievable to me this past Tuesday, I was insanely worried that maybe I wouldn't lose any this week. So last night after my workout I hopped on the scale. In my mind I was saying, "well I just wanna see". Maybe I was afraid it might go up just a little, so I want to keep on track. NOPE. It went down a little more Already! What the crap?! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see what my official weigh-in will be next Tuesday! For some people, those little sneaks into the scale can mean compromising their weight-loss because they might not see the results they expect, so they get discouraged and give up. That used to be me too! But this time around, I'm so pumped up, and I'm doing EVERYTHING right! So if the scale doesn't give me what I'm looking for, that's just like adding fuel to the fire! It's a motivational thing to get me pumped up and burning some more calories!

Some people have asked me: Where are you getting your will power from? And I've said, "What will power honey? This is just sheer determination!" I think, in the past, I've been to hung up on the stigmas that You have to have the will power, or You have to be willing to make a life change forever. I'm over that. This is a One Day at a Time Commitment. (one of my favorite old gospel songs) and each day when I wake up, I determine how my day is going to go. I have the option to make it good or bad, despite the circumstances, and I am the only one who can control what I eat today and how much I exercise.

So maybe it's only Day 11, but to me, it's another day that I've decided to make the decisions that will get me closer to my goal. And, by George, I'll get there!!

Thank you for reading my dear friends,
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment