Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 13: Ready to look how I feel

I feel great! I can feel my body slowly starting to get stronger. I'm being able to do certain exercises better. I was on the Arc Trainer yesterday for 25 minutes!! So I just can't wait for all of this hard work to start showing! That, in itself, is enough to keep me motivated. I've never lost enough weight to actually be able to see results, other than a number on the scale.

I HATE having to choose "fat people friendly" chairs. I just had to run a jack to my sister to change a flat tire, and to get to my jack I had to remove some things from my trunk. And there it is...my fat girl lawn chair. I remember the day I bought it last summer, I was so excited to have a chair that I didn't feel uncomfortable in or afraid I might break it. Now when I look at it, I can't help but feel a waive of nausea for what I let happen to my body. But at the same time I felt a sense of pride for what I am doing to rectify the situation!

I finished the cake...and didn't eat it! There were some points during the baking and decorating process when I seriously felt like grabbing up a hunk of the part I had shaved off and just eating away!! In the past I rarely ate the left-over parts from shaving down my cakes. But now I find myself craving it simply because it's something I've told myself I can't have! That happens to me in the grocery store too...yummy little 6000 calorie apple pies (ok, maybe not THAT many calories...but CLOSE!) that I wouldn't have taken a second glance at two weeks ago, and now I'm drooling over them!

I really am enjoying the foods I choose to eat. I've had a ton of broccoli, mushrooms and lemon pepper chicken over brown rice. I make an awesome (and filling) omlet for under 200 calories. Some yummy mini pizzas one night for under 400 calories (but I have a hard time with pretty much any kind of low calorie|whole wheat tortillas or Pitas, so the crust wasn't the best part. But it definitely solved my pizza cravings!). And I've had a LOT of Subway lunches. Probably not the most beneficial calorie choice, but it works for me right now. I work as the manager of the portrait studio in Wal-mart, so we have a Subway there in the store, so most every day when I'm at work I just walk down to Subway for lunch. Yum! Turkey on wheat, no cheese, toasted, with tons of veggies...only 280 calories for the 6 inch and it's yummy!! Plus I add a bag of Sunchips and we're in business!

I'm STARVING and I just got home from work, so I'm headed into the house to make the healthiest
Taco salad ever! (using light Pringles as my base, and then lean ground beef with veggies and salsa!-Yum!)

Thanks for reading my dear friends!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment