Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 12: More water please!

I think my new active life-style is beginning to catch up with me! I feel like I could go to sleep tonight and sleep all day tomorrow...NOT going to happen, since I work...but it's a nice dream to have all day...

Last night's workout was probably the toughest so far. My trainer was called out for a family emergency so we were tucked into another class and it was twice as intense as the usual one. That followed by Zumba was almost more than I could handle. In the brighter side I did burn a TON of calories! 1652 to be exact! That's almost a half of a pound right there! It really amazes me how much hard work it takes to just lose one pound. It can become overwhelming! I mean all the work it takes to lose one and I need to do that 200 times!! Wow!

But, as I said yesterday, this is a One day at a time journey. I can't fast-forward no matter how much I'd like to.

My body is really starting to adjust to my new eating habits. I find my stomach growling less and less each day. I also seem to be craving water too. That's a CRAZY thought, because I'm so used to saying, "I hate water". Health professionals say that to find out how much water your body needs you take your weight and divide by two and that's how many ounces. If I were to do that (331/2=165.5) which is the equivalent to 20.6 cups (8oz) of water per day. WOW!! I've never consumed that much liquid in a day. However, because of this new-found knowledge, I do push myself to drink more water and have found that it gets easier and easier each day. Right now I'm getting an average of 12-8oz glasses a day. I'll TAKE that!! It's more than ever for me and I attribute that to being a nice factor in my seemingly rapid weight-loss. The scale is still moving down and I'm excited!!

I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds :)

Thanks for reading dear friends!
<3 Honor

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlie. I enjoy reading your daily updates! I wish I could stop making excuses and one day I probable will. I can still remember your grandma saying "you used to be the skinny one". I'm gonna see if I can comment since I have a gmail account. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete