Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 35: Happy New Year, What's your Resolution?

It is is New Year, some say it's a time for new beginnings. Many make New Year' Resolutions...my pastor this morning said that by January 31st typically 60% of the people who made New Year's Resolutions have already given up! And by Valentine's Day (only two weeks later) it goes up to 75%!!! I am so glad I started my journey in November instead of January 1st!! Because I SURE don't want to become a statistic!

As the new year begins I find myself a little defensive about my gym time. So many people use the beginning of a New Year to commit to losing weight and working out...so what that means for me is that my special gym time is about to be compromised. There will be people littering the Zumba and Ypump classes and the Fitness room and I can't help but be sad about it! I seriously had an instinctive 'ugly' thought! I thought, well heck, 75% of these people will give up by Valentine's Day, so why don't they just give up now! Ha! No, no Honor that's not nice! But hey, what can I say, I'm human!

So my Resolution is to 'not have a resolution', but to make a commitment to myself (it's different, I promise!) to continue with this journey making it one of the top priorities in my life, not THE top priority, because that's reserved for God. And then my hubby, and a few other things. But this journey definitely has to be a lot higher on the list than it has been in past failed attempts. And so far, so good!

Everywhere I go I am confronted by temptations! I went to a birthday party of a very good friend (Olivia)'s daughter and there was cupcakes and ice cream, and lots of other yummy stuff but I did pretty ok and ended my day within my calorie goal, because I stayed Away from the cake and ice cream! And then I go to the gas station and when I walk in there is the distinctively delicious aroma of Pizza! Argh! But I held my head high and walked out with a Dasani! Then I get to my mom and dad's house and find myself being tempted again! BUT, as I said, I survived...thank God!

I think I'm ready to start off my year and I will do it one day at a time! I have high expectations for this year so I'm going to have to stay focused and determined!

Thank you for reading friends!
<3 Honor

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming over today :) I ended up eating a cupcake sans most of the icing "sheepish face" I think I was prob. right at my calorie goal but I didn't watch every little thing. I was too busy to eat much though :) Anyway as far as resolutions go I don't make them and never really had. Tyler posted the other day about resolutions and I loved it. It was "I think I'm sticking to my only New Year's Resolution from last year through next year: No more New Year's Resolutions. If I find a problem that I need to correct, I do it immediately rather than waiting for a magical date on the calendar." The day I decided I needed to change I decided to go for it instead of waiting for that magical date and after the holidays and after this etc etc. Well Happy New Year and here's to us!

    ReplyDelete