Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 55:Veggie-tells

I think I may throw my scale away! Ok maybe not that drastic, but as soon as I start thinking I'm making a little lead way and the scale starts going down like it should be, it shoots straight up again. Three pounds! And yesterday I ate 1439 calories worth of healthy food and got in 25 minutes of Cardio after working for 10 hours...so needless to say, that's obviously some sort of strange mess going on inside of my body and it's making me CRAZY!! I would not be as miffed about this if it weren't for the fact that I'm in the competition and these kind of set backs are going to be what causes me to lose. I WAS IN THE LEAD! So that's what has me so upset about it. I KNOW I'M DOING THE RIGHT THING! And I know that the number WILL drop. I just don't have time to wait for my body to agree with me! And I'm still super sore or I would probably be doing jumping jacks at work! Haha.

Ok, I'm done throwing my little fit. It's just irritating. For the first time in my life I'm doing Exactly what it takes to get the weight off and my body is being stupid.

On another note, I have been working really hard with cooking stuff up ahead of time, and pre-packaging things and such and I just keep coming up with new ideas of things I can pre-cook and package away. The thing about it is that it really DOES save time. Now I just need to work on finding some new things that I like so I can add some more variety to my food. I've been doing good on fruits. Vegetables and me, we have a history of issues. I like Broccoli, Carrots, and canned green beans. The only way I can get some variety in the vegetable department is with a salad (but I cannot stand light or fat free ranch) or Stir-Fry. So the plan is to try some veggies that are super good for you that I haven't tried in a while. So...I bought creamed spinach! I'm terrified! Lol. But, it was only a dollar, so if it's gross I'm not going to break the bank. I did find out last year that I like fresh spinach on my sandwich and I love 'florentine' things like pasta Florentine Alfredo that's yummy! So maybe I will like it! I even like cooked spinach on pizza! So we will see. I just can't do peas, and turnip greens, and cabbage (Bleh!!) I wish I could force myself to eat that stuff, but my gag reflex is in really good tune with my brain, so if my taste buds don't like it....I just can't eat it.

I'm also on the lookout for some new main course options. Right now I mostly eat Stir-Fry with chicken, Doc's Chili, Chicken and Rice, or Taco Salad. That's my four dinners. And although I still enjoy eating those, I'm scared I'll get burnt out. I do occasionally make me some healthy mini pizza's on pita bread or a few other things but I always go back to those four meals for two reasons...I like them and they are meals I can pre-make and pre-portion and then warm up and eat later in the week. So I am on the search for some alternative meals that I can do the pre-cooking thing with. It's so important to me because with my work schedule, my workout schedule, and making cakes, I just don't have the time or the energy to spend in the kitchen every night!

Wow, I had a lot to say today! :-) Enjoy your weekend! I'll be at work!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment