Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 37: Weigh-In Number Five

Today was probably the scariest weigh-in for me, simply because I
felt like I hadn't made the best choices this week. I even went over my calories one night for the first time in 37 days! Plus on Saturday I went to a wedding and ate Fried Chicken, with green beans, mashed potatoes, corn and a roll! My only saving grace there was that I had very small portions! And I had a small piece of wedding cake!! Needless to say, I could have done 10x's better this week than I did. But...I still exceeded my own expectations this morning when I hopped on that scale. I was Hoping and praying that I didn't GAIN any weight...and I didn't. I LOST 2 pounds!! Oh yea! So now I weigh 308.4. And have lost 42 pounds!! I can't wait to get back below 300!! I've been above 275 for probably 5 years or more. But I've only been over 300 for the last year or so. And that is really hard on me mentally. So to get back below the 300 mark will be fantastic! And then I'm headed for under 275, since I have been over that one for so long! When I got married in February of 2003, I'm pretty sure I was somewhere around 220-230ish. I'm not quite sure exactly what it was because I was in denial, even then. So I know that if I get below 220 I will definitely be smaller than my husband has ever seen me. THAT would be a Great feeling! But I have quite a long ways to go before I can even really think about that! The crazy thing is that for the first time, I really feel like my goals are achievable...I really, honestly and truly believe that I am going to get there! It's just going to take a little time. And I have to stay focused!! Losing focus would be detrimental to this journey.

I had a great thing happen to me today at Ypump. I was wearing some workout pants that I purchased at Vanity Fair after I found out I was accepted into the YMCA's fitness challenge. And when I bought them they were really snug. But since they were made of elastic and stretchy material, I went ahead and got them. At that point everything was so snug it was getting embarrassing anyways! But I wear the biggest size you can buy at Fashion Bug, Cato, or Lane Bryant. And I outgrew Walmart's pants a few years ago. So anyways, I'm wearing these pants that I really like to wear because they are super comfortable and one of my friends says..."Hey Honor, those pants are getting a little loose aren't they?" I looked down and was like, wow! I guess they are! My first thought, was instinctive...maybe I stretched them out! But no, I didn't. I'm just REALLY doing this! I've NEVER lost enough weight that my clothes fit differently. I've always dreamed about it...but never made it a reality...I'm LOVING THIS!!

Tomorrow I have a root canal and my wonderful Dentist prescribes me a "cocktail" of three different meds so that I'm good and relaxed and don't stress out to much about the procedures. This is my first root canal and I'm thoroughly terrified. But excited to get my tooth fixed! So needless to say, with those meds in me, I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog tomorrow! But please keep me in your prayers tomorrow!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my blog and for all of your support so far in this journey! I appreciate you!!
<3 Honor

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you today! I meant to tell you that after Abi's party Matt and I were talking and he goes "I could really tell that Honor has lost weight. I meant to tell her but I never got the chance." I love hearing people notice that I've lost weight so I thought I would share. Love ya girl and don't lose focus or I'll have to find it for you!

    ReplyDelete