Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 46: My Ah-HA! moment :)

On my way in to work today I had an "Ah-HA!" moment. Time for confessions...I put on my make-up on my way to work almost every day. There....I said it. Don't be mad at me ;) I'm actually quite good at it. I've done it for so long that I barely look away from the road while putting it on. Honestly I'm sure I look away from the road more when I have a companion in the car than I do while applying my make-up. But anyways...my Ah-HA moment happened today while applying my make-up because while I was on vacation I only wore make-up two or three times (and it was two and a half weeks) and I put it on in the house. So I haven't looked at myself in the rear-view mirror in that length of time. So I pull my mirror down to put on my make-up and this morning and there it was...Ah-HA!! My face really IS starting to slim up! Lol! People have been telling me that for a few weeks now, and it's not that I didn't believe...I jut couldn't see it...and I SAW today. It was a really nice vanity boost for the day!


The entire duration of my vacation I struggled to drink the amount of water that I know my body needs for weight-loss. I'm not sure why I had the trouble, but I sure did! Before my vacation I was averaging 10-12 8oz cups a day! Which is still a little less than my body needs for the weight that I'm at. The way you're supposed to figure how much water you should consume in a day is to take your total weight (306 for me) and divide it in half (306/3=153) and that's how many ounces of water you should drink per day. The easy way to figure how many cups that is, is to take that number (153), and divide by 8oz. (153/8=19.125) so my body should be getting 19-8oz glasses of water a day!! I just can't drink that much! So I strive for 12, and usually do ok with that. However, on my vacation I was lucky to reach 6-8 per day!! It was so hard! So now that I'm back to work I've already had 10 and I still have some time to do even better! So I just thought it was crazy that I struggled so badly at home, but found it easy at work. Weird!


I went to the gym after work and when I was changing in to my workout clothes I discovered something that really made me sad. For the past three or four years I have been dealing with fluid retention in my ankles that has worsened over time and is quite painful. But since day one of this journey I've had absolutely no swelling. But when I changed clothes I noticed both of my ankles were swollen really badly. Well crap. There goes my streak! I can't figure out why it happened either...no extra sodium, no prolonged standing...I worked on a cake last week for nearly 6 hours straight of standing and no swelling, so the idea of it possibly being because I returned to work doesn't make since because I wasn't on my feet all day. I don't know, but I DO know that I don't like it!


Here it is, almost 9:00, and I'm just now getting home to have dinner! I can't help it though...I get off at 7 and I just went and did 35 minutes on the Elipticle tonight. ThatH's it. And now I'm having dinner late. I just can't think of any other way I can adjust my schedule so that it works out differently. But I'm defIinitely hungry so good night!

<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment