Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 41: Crazy Brain

I just can't understand how some days 1500 calories seems like WAY to many, and then some days it seems like I'm starving all day long! I think it's mostly a mind game my brain plays on me as part of the food addiction. It's ridiculous though! As soon as I start getting confident and feel like I'm beginning to conquer this a little more...then I have one of those days where I can't seem to get enough to eat. Well I say Boo on that! Oddly enough, today hasn't been one of those days, I was just thinking about it when I was driving home from dropping off a cake.

Something I've been thinking about....and I even saw this on the biggest loser! Some people will have one high calorie meal per week. Typically after your weigh-in for the week. I have been watching all of the Biggest Loser Seasons and I'm on Season 5 at the moment and last night they had a short little part where Bob Harper talked about the contestants having a high calorie meal once a week after their official weigh-ins on the ranch. He said that gave them something to look forward to during the week and it helped many of the contestants keep from 'cheating' throughout the week. I have been giving this some serious thought...and I'm thinking I just might try it out for a few weeks. Bob said that having the high calorie meal helps jump-start your metabolism and actually helps Increase weight-loss throughout the week!! I figure I'll give it a try for the next few weeks and see how it goes...if I don't like the results, then I'll go back to doing it the other way.

We just finally took down our Christmas Tree, (things have been CRAZY lately!) and we put it where we usually keep an ottoman...I have decided that I'm going to move my exercise bike there...maybe that will encourage me to get a little extra Cardio in at home! I really REALLY wish I could get an eliptical or gazelle or something like that...they burn a ton of calories and I really enjoy them. :(

Thanks for reading!
<3 Honor

1 comment:

  1. I did that during my big loss. Eat whatever every fifth day. Started by accident...ate a big meal...pasta...out with friends. Felt horrible about it..weigh in two days later and had my best loss week..so then it began.

    ReplyDelete