Saturday, July 16, 2016

July 16th, 2016: Beating Records! NO EXCUSES

Well I'm pretty proud of myself. Last night after I posted my blog, I wanted to do an at home workout, but I was tired and playing head games with myself. I didn't think I would be able to push myself as much and get my heart rate up, and I didn't want it to be a waste of my time. But, I sucked it up, and got on YouTube and just searched Beginner Cardio. There were actually a TON of options! I did one that was about 25 minutes long, and I wasn't super worn out, so I found another one that was 10 minutes and did that too. It was actually pretty cool and a little addictive!
So i went to bed feeling pretty good. I am really glad I pushed myself to do something. I always feel better when I go to bed if I feel like I've pushed myself.
So this week I hit 10k steps on a work day again! It happened after I posted my blog for the day and then I forgot to mention it. I LOVE my fitbit because I really feel like it pushes me to do a little extra. Right now I'm really close to my all time high and I'm GOING to beat it before I go to bed. NO EXCUSES... :) My current all-time high was 14,478 and I'm not to far from there so I'm super excited!
I've had a loooooong busy day! I started my day with Zumba. I LOVE the Saturday morning Zumba. I always burn more calories at that class. I think it's partially because I'm not already worn out from the day, but also because the instructor of that class does a lot of the songs we did 4 years ago and I know them and the steps are a little easier, so I'm able to DO it. I dropped 900 calories in the 53 minute class and then I headed up to the Arc Trainer and did some walking on the track and dropped another 472 calories! It was a very successful day! I also was able to do legs and then we went swimming for a little bit.
Today my cousins, my sister, and one of my cousin's daughters (she's 12) all did Zumba! It was so much fun!! Then we all went swimming and added in all the boys (4 little boys and a daddy). We really had a lot of fun today. We knew we were going to be out most of the day, so my sister and I were smart and packed a cooler. So we were fully prepared to eat healthy AND have a great time without any stress.
I'm so proud of them!! Everybody kickin' booty!!
After the gym, my sis and I had to pick up some presents for a birthday party we were headed to and she dropped me off at a store while she drove around to put her boys to sleep. I hadn't eaten lunch yet, and I was hungry. And I was standing in a store with a ton of junk food and nobody who knew me was watching. I wanted soooo badly to by of box of Peanut Butter M&M's and a bag of chips and pig out and then get rid of the evidence before my sister came back. I seriously thought about it. It is the WORST test I've put myself through. I walked away from the junk and did my shopping and didn't look back. No way was I wasting all the hard work I just put in at the gym!


Oh I could have eaten any of it!
So anyways, we headed to the park for the party when we got done with some errands. I knew there would be cake and I was already prepared. But then, lucky me, it was chocolate cake, which I hate! Lol. So I wasn't tempted at all. Thank the good Lord!

We had a good time visiting with the birthday boy and girl (my little cousins) and our family.
I was feeling kinda cute today. :)



Look at that pretty little Birthday Girl!

After the birthday party we headed home and I got busy doing some food prep, and laundry. And that about sums up my day. It was wonderful. I really had a great day!

I'm a little nervous about my weigh-in tomorrow. :( I've been retaining a ton of water and it doesn't look good. I'm really hoping to be surprised, but I guess we shall see. 

Here's the breakdown of my food choices today:

Breakfast
Trusty PB and Banana Smoothie = 340 cals

Morning Snack
Unsalted Sunflower Seeds = 190 cals

At the Party
From a Snack Tray(2 slices of Turkey, 1 piece of Cheddar, 1 cracker) = 38 cals

Lunch
Half Ham Sammy, Cottage Cheese, and Baby Carrots = 345 cals

Evening Snack
Protein Shake = 100 cals

Dinner
Chuck Steak, Au Gratin Potatoes (much less cals if you just add water and leave out the milk and butter), steamed broccoli = 241 cal

I'm currently at 1254 calories for the day...that's pretty low for me. But, I think I'm gonna leave them there, because I plan to have a higher calorie day tomorrow since I've been really consistently at 1500 calories. I really think I need a jump since it's been 5 weeks. I've done it before and it really helps get the weight loss moving again. I guess we shall see. :)

All of that food for 241 calories!!
Alright y'all. It's after 10 and I have to get a few more steps in!! Goodnight!!! Have a wonderful Sunday Funday tomorrow. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment