Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 26th, 2016: Recipes...what's that?

Well, today was better than yesterday for sure. Thank the good Lord! I still had a busy day at work, but I think that the thought of being able to come home and relax made it much better. I came home and started right in on the pictures I had to edit, and had nothing but issues. Ugh! It's so stressful when my programs don't do what they are supposed to do. I'll save you all the boring details, but in the end, I haven't even gotten to START editing them thanks to the issues and when almost an hour was wasted and I was getting extremely frustrated, I stepped away and cooked dinner.


I had no idea what I was going to fix but I had these thin Beef strips of steak. They are primarily sold for some Mexican dish, but they are like thin strips of Ribeye Steak. Oh and they are nice and lean! Only 170 calories per 4oz. So I get inspired and decide to do Steak Roll-ups. I had no plan whatsoever, but they turned out great! I put some seasonings and mozzarella cheese and Worcestershire Sauce on them and rolled them up! Lol....they turned out really great!

I have people ask me all the time about what recipes I use and where I get my meal plans and stuff. I even have a lady from Zumba asking me to make her a meal plan! Lol...but seriously, I hardly EVER use recipes. The only two I can think of is the Doc's Chili (which you can google and get the recipe really easy) and the Chicken Caprese I made last night. (that one you can find on YouTube if you search 'Chicken Caprese by Delish') For the most part I try to keep my meals kindof simple, because that's just easier to calorie count. The fewer the ingredients, the easier it is. I also like to add a lot of seasonings like Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Rosemary & Thyme (GREAT on chicken), I also use this seasoning mixture by Weber called Garlic & Herb, it's really great on Chicken and Pork, and broccoli, and potatoes. Lol

Sorry to cut this so short, but I have GOT to get these pics edited!

Here is the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
Peaches & Cream Oatmeal and Turkey Bacon (I love it when it's crispy) = 365 calories

Lunch
Half Turkey Sammy, Doc's Chili, & Celery w/ Almond Butter = 471 cals

Snack
Sweet Cherries = 87 cals

Dinner
Steak Rolls, 1/2 Corn on the Cob & a small salad = 512 calories

That puts me at 1435 calories for today. Perfect. :) Alight, I'm out of here y'all! Have a great night and an awesome Hump Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment