Saturday, July 2, 2016

July 2nd, 2016: 300 Loads of Laundry

After a terribly late night last night, the last thing in the world I wanted to do was get up at 8:00 on the first day of my 3 day weekend and go work out. BUT, Zumba is at 9 (the gym is 30 mins from my house) so...I forced myself to get up. I don't know what is wrong with me, but I have been sleeping sooo terribly for the past 6 months or so. I started taking Melatonin to help, but then I decided I didn't want to be dependent on a drug to go to sleep so I weened off of it. Then I started working out and eating healthy, so I thought, "Hey, maybe I'll sleep better now that I'm voluntarily kicking my own butt every day!" Nope. So, I started taking Melatonin again. I really got a few nice, heavy sleeps in there..but now it's back to the same old same old. If you could see the graph from my FitBit of my sleep quality, you can see that I'm restless ALL NIGHT LONG! So that does make it pretty hard to push as much as I'd like in the gym and in normal life stuff. 

So I get up and go to the gym with my sister. We were a few minutes late to Zumba, but we jumped right in and had fun. Then we went upstairs to the Arc Trainers and I put in another 15 minutes of interval cardio on that. (30 seconds of going as fast as I can stand and 90 seconds of going a relatively slower pace, and then again, and again, until you pass out-haha) I felt pretty good walking out of the gym today. I burned over 1,000 calories. Can't be sad about that! Of course, by the time I made it home, I was sore, tired, and hungry. Sore & tired won, because I took a nice long nap! Lol...I definitely felt much better after that.

I had planned to go to the Lake to watch the fireworks over the water tonight, but...the forcast showed rain and my sister didn't want to go, so I ended up staying home. I did about 300 loads of laundry (4-but it felt like 300!) and straightened up my house a bit and enjoyed two-2 hour long episodes of America's Got Talent. :) The one thing I hate about watching TV is all the food commercials. They make want things that I know I don't need and I end up feeling like I want to munch the whole time. Luckily, what I was watching was pre-recorded, so I was able to jump past most of that today.

I ended my super exciting day by cooking a flatbread pizza for me and one for Jamie. I thought it was pretty great. I think he's still adjusting to the healthier style of eating. I'm pretty proud of him though, because the last time I was eating all healthy, he was very resistant to anything at all. I ended up having to cool two totally separate meals every night and it was exhausting! But this go around, he's really on board since he's already lost 40 pounds. I'm actually seeing him be calorie conscious for the first time in the (almost) 14 years we've been together! Yay - score for me!

So it's nearly 9:00 and I'm sitting right over 9,000 steps! I'm gonna finish this up and get to my 10k before bed. ;)

Here is the breakdown of my food today:

Breakfast
Protein Shake and 2 sticks of light String Cheese = 200 cals

Lunch
Salad, half a Turkey Sammy and Cottage Cheese = 380 cals

Snack
2 Boiled Eggs, Dill Pickles, and tomato slices - 158 cals

Dinner
Flatbread Pizza = 410 cals

Night Snack (because I had too many calories left)
PB & Chocolate Protein Smoothie = 320 cals

Total Calories for today was 1468

Weigh-in tomorrow!!! I'm ready to see how I did this week! I'm pretty sure that if I have a good loss this week, I'm going to treat myself to a Mean Bean. :) It's been two weeks and I just really want one. (Splurging every now and then is NOT bad, splurging every day, multiple times a day is what is bad.) So let's say...as long as I've lost at least 2 pounds this week, I will have earned myself a Mean Bean. :) You guys have a great night and a wonderful day tomorrow!


Lunch

My super weird combo for a snack :)

Dinnah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment