Friday, July 8, 2016

July 8th, 2016: When the Going gets Tough, the Tough get Going!

Oh man. I have never in my life been more thankful to see the end of a week. Never. This 4 day week has been the longest week of my life. Which...if you've read my blog the last few day, you would have already known. Today wasn't any different. It was just as chaotic and tiring.

So...when 5:00 approached, I was SUPER excited to blow that Popsicle Stand! I got out of there and cashed my check and headed to the gym. I was excited to meet up with family and go swimming, but planned a short (and quick) workout first. So, as I'm headed to the gym...I see a little lightning and sprinkles, but I didn't think much of it. Then I get a text, the pool is closed due to the lightning. Oh...I guess that makes sense. But noooooooo....so I decided that I'm going to just workout a little and see if the storm passes and just wait it out. My sister had already driven the 30 minutes to come to town and swim and my cousins were in town waiting out the storm as well.

So I pull up to the gym and decide that I'm going to put my workout clothes and swimming/shower stuff all in one bag. Right as I get everything strewn out across my back seat we get a torrential downpour!! Like...crazy heavy rain y'all. I start slamming my stuff in the back and drop things and by the time I get it all together and jog (I can't run, but it was "my kind" of run, haha) to the building...I was soaked. My whole back was drenched in rain water!! So I decided...I'll just go ahead and start working out and everyone will think I've been working so hard that I've sweat like that! Haha...sweat is a big deal for me, because it is extremely hard for me to sweat. But I actually REALLY did sweat today! I did over 20 minutes on the Eliptical and 15 on the Arc Trainer, so  I was earning that sweat! Haha

After all that hard work, I really did want to swim! But...it just wasn't in the cards tonight. The lightening stuck around to long, and it I would have stayed until they opened it back up I would have been getting home around 10...dinner at 10? No thanks! Plus my sister had to head home because the kiddos aren't going to hang out in a car for forever.

And that was about it for my day. I'm proud of myself for pushing so hard on the machines. I'm worn out but burned almost 1,000 calories, which is really hard for me without a Zumba class, so I think I did good.
Oh you know...just being dramatic..lol!
Here's the breakdown of my food choices today:

Breakfast
2 packets of Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal - 260 cals

Lunch
Half Turkey Sammy, Doc's Chili & Apple Slices = 472 cals

Afternoon Snack 
Cottage Cheese & a Protein Shake = 200 cals

Dinner
Chicken Salad, Avacado Dip (Avacado, Sour cream and Salsa) with homemade Tortilla Chips = 550 cals

Total Calories for today was 1482. I'm happy with that.
mm lunch :)

Doesn't that look tasty?! It was!
Well I am headed to the kitchen to clean up my mess and then I'm gonna go watch Netflix (Bones) until I pass out. Haha Y'all have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment