Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 5th, 2016: Sometimes I Impress Myself!

Ok y'all today has been crazy!! So I had COMPLETELY forgotten that I had a Root Canal Scheduled for today until pretty late last night. So...I had already taken a day off. I'm not 100% against having two days off in a week, depending on the circumstances, BUT I am totally against having two days off in a row. So this morning before work, I packed my gym bag like normal. I had made up my mind that, even if I felt like total crap after the root canal, I would at least, at a bare minimum, go and walk on the track until I hit my steps for the day (5,000 on a work day).

So I had a crazy busy day at work today. Coming back after a 3 day weekend is always crazy, and then you add leaving at 1:30 and that adds a whole new level of chaos. So I stayed pretty busy and the day flew by. I headed to the Dentist with quite a bit of anxiety, because the last time I had a root canal it did not go well and I ended up feeling pretty bad for a few days. I definitely was NOT prepared for that. Then when I get there, I find out he's doing a different one because it was causing me some pain a few weeks ago, so my anxiety shot through the roof, because I apparently have some kind of screwed up nerves in that area and it takes a ton of Novocain to get it numb. We found this out because he started the root canal over 9 months ago on that took and it wasn't as numb as it should have been and I had a moment of severe pain. Skeery!! I'm the girl that they used to prescribe a "cocktail" (3 different drugs that they mix with the gas and I go to lala land for the whole procedure and the rest of the day) just to get me in there. But then I found out how much extra that cost and I gave myself a pep talk and decided I could put my big girl panties on and do it like everybody else. I just had a super traumatic dental experience about 10 years ago and I was having some super bad anxiety when going to the dentist. This was the first dentist to offer me a solution (the cocktal) so I did that up until about a year ago. Now I am only Novocain when I go...I feel like a grown up. Lol!

So he did a few fillings before he started the root canal, and then he did it and it was great and it was over before I knew it! I was sooo excited! My mouth was all numb, but my jaw wasn't stiff like before and I really could tell it was not too bad at all. So I went back to work for a while to finish up some stuff and then I took my booty to the gym! And guess what??? I did the Whole Hour of Zumba! That's right!! You read that right! I. Am. A. Beast! LOL...ok it's probably not that impressive, but I'm pretty proud of myself if you can't tell. Haha.

I decided that, since I was such a Beast today, that I deserved to have the night off on cooking. Haha. So I swung by the Mongolian Grill and had them cook me my fav (Broccoli, Beef, Mushrooms & Water Chestnuts) and I got Jamie some of his favorites. The super cool thing about getting it to go is that I can fit dinner for both of us in one takeout container. So meal for two for the price of one! Cha-ching!

Now I'm sitting here watching the Food Network, because I'm cruel to myself like that. Lol..not really, I just really love Cooking shows and they give me some great ideas! I took some silly pics at the dentist's office to share with you. :) I also took a pic of their chairs because I need to know if anyone else's heart drops when you walk in to places with chairs like this? I mean really? The arms on these chairs are seriously about 18 inches apart! I don't know how wide my hips are, but I'm gonna say...a LOT more than that! Ugh! I did find that they have two chairs snuck in there that don't have sides, but I've never noticed that before because they all blend together. I've always stood while I was waiting to be called back there (among many other places).

Evil Chairs



Here is my food breakdown for the day:

Breakfast
PB & Banana Smoothie = 340 cals

Lunch
Half Turkey Sammy, small tomato, cottage cheese & a serving of apple slices (yum!) = 430 cals

Afternoon Snack
Pretzel Stix = 120 cals

Dinner
Broccoli Beef Stir Fry, Fried Shrimp, 1-Chicken on a Stick = 471 cals


Yummy Lunch

Even Yummier Dinner! :)



Total calories are at 1361 so I'll probably throw in a late night snack before bed. ;)

**Don't forget that you can see the detailed version of my food diary every day by connecting with me on MyFitnessPal (username: honorwarren) I'd love to see you on there!

Goodnight y'all! Thanks for tuning in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment