Friday, July 1, 2016

July 1st, 2016: 3 Day Weekend & Surviving the Hardest Temptation Yet!!

So...with a 3 day weekend on the horizon, today has been a very difficult to focus!! All I could think about was getting out of there and getting on with my weekend. I have HUGE plans...tonight was gym & pedicure. Tomorrow - gym, Sunday - gym, Monday - nothing as of yet. So...yea....so much to look forward to! LOL. I feel like I spend my entire week hoping for the weekend and then on the weekend, I don't do anything. What's up with that? Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

So I went to the gym with my sister right after work. I had every intention of doing 20 minutes of cardio and calling it a day. I knew I needed to do arm weights, but I'm so exhausted, I really just wanted to do the 20 minutes and then go. I did have a pedicure to look forward to after all. So the first thing I do when I get in there is I get on this weird side-stepping machine. I don't really know how else to explain it. I've never seen anything like it. All I know, is that it works if the exact set of leg muscles that are already more tender than I can even describe to you. So I made it a big ol whopping 5 minutes on that machine! And then I moved it to the elliptical. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical, so I was already up to 15 minutes before I headed upstairs. So I get onto the Arc Trainer, thinking I'm probably not going to make it very far. And wouldn't you believe that I went 15 more minutes on the Arc Trainer! I mean seriously, am I a Beast or what! LOL I was really feeling pretty proud of myself. So then we go downstairs and why not do some weights too while we're at it! I mean I really did have a lot of fun at the gym tonight, much more fun that I usually have on non-Zumba days. And the time kindof flew by. The crazy thing was that, after I did my cardio, I was actually, for real, sweating! I hardly EVER sweat! I mean I had some serious glistening going on buddy. It was exciting. LOL




<--Us being silly at the gym. :)

I love this pic because it makes me look way thinner than I am! Lol --->













That is some real life sweat right there! Haha


After the gym, we headed over for our pedicures. We tried to make appointments ahead of time, but they said they weren't doing appointments today. So we arrived around 6:30 and I walked out of there at 8:45!! Wowsa!! And let me tell you, I was STARVING. As I drove through town, passing fast-food joint after fast-food joint, it was TOUGH. My mind was literally racing as I drove past each place and thought to myself "Is there anything low-calorie or remotely healthy I can eat there? Nope" "Well maybe I can just have one cheat meal, just one. It won't throw me off track." "Maybe I should get a salad somewhere?" "I could go in to the Chinese place and have them cook me something real quick, nope, closing at 9" I mean I seriously tried really hard to find somewhere to stop and a reason to make it ok. I wanted something BAD. But...I drove right on past and got onto the highway and headed home. 30 minutes later, I didn't die of starvation. Lol...I came in and chugged a protein shake and then threw together ham & cheese scramble. Ta-Da! I did it! I overcame my urges by sheer will power! Go me. Now it's 10pm and I am SUPER tired and planning a trip to Zumba in the am...and then maybe a nap! Haha!!

Here is how my food broke down for the day:

Breakfast
2 packets of Straberries & Cream Oats = 260 cals

Lunch
Turkey & Cheese Sammy with Yogurt & Granola = 520 cals

Snack
Almonds = 170 cals

Pre-dinner Salvation
Protein Shake = 100 cals

Dinner
Ham & Cheese Scramble with Turkey Bacon = 482 cals
Dinner!

Total Calories for the Day: 1532

No comments:

Post a Comment