Monday, July 4, 2016

July 4th, 2016: Happy Independence Day!!!!

Well I have had an extremely uneventful and lazy day. It was my day off from the gym AND my extra day off from work, so I took it easy. I watched some TV and hung out with my hubby and then before I knew it, the day was almost over. I just HAD to get to the grocery store to stock up on fresh foods and such for the upcoming week. So we got cleaned up and headed that way.

I have a love/hate relationship with grocery shopping these days. The very first thing I spot when I walk through the door is some Chips Deluxe Cookies...ooooh my. I have never been what I would consider to be "super bad" at the whole sweet tooth thing. But, I could eat half that container with a tall glass of milk. And I want them sooooooooooooo bad now. Lol. But I walked right on by and didn't give them another thought until just now.

I already had a pretty good idea of what I was going to be getting when I got there. But, of course, some ideas just develop as your there. I'm not the only one right? Lol. Somehow...every time we go to buy groceries these days, we spend a small fortune. I mean it's stressful for me! One thing I added was a digital scale. I've been needing one of those and I am excited to get to use it!

When I came home from the store I told Jamie I feel like I've walked 10,000 steps today, but nope. Not even close...less than 4k! And you know what? I hurt. Every time I get up my feet and muscles hurt. I'm not excited about it. He said, "Pain is only weakness leaving the body". That's one of the smartest things he's ever said! LOL..but that's exactly how I feel! I am flushing all of this weakness out, so that I can be STRONG and OVERCOME this miserable shape I've allowed my body to get in. I have no one to blame but myself, so really, I guess I need to feel this to make sure I don't let it happen again. Starting all over is GARBAGE! I'm 3 weeks in to this and I just can't wait to fast forward 6 months or a year down the road. I'm not trying to wish my life away. I just want to see where this journey takes me, and I really want to SEE the difference other than just on the scale.

Anyways...I came home and put away groceries and then cooked up some dinner. We both loved the last batch of Doc's Chili so much that I had to make another batch. ;) That means I've got some yummy lunch add-ins for part of the week! I'm also going to try these things called Joseph's Pitas..I've seen a lot of people using them for a variety of things, so I'm excited to try them out.

Alright y'all, I'm cutting this one short, because I'm going to sit here and relax and find a movie to watch with my hubby. :) Happy 4th of July!! I hope you guys have had an amazing weekend and are ready for the wonderful work week (*note sarcasm here, haha)

Here's the breakdown of my food for today:

Breakfast
PB & Banana Smoothie = 340 cals

Lunch 
Half Turkey & Mozzarella Sammy w/ Cottage Cheese & a Boiled Egg(protein baby) = 408 cals

Afternoon Snack
Coconut Almond Protein Bar = 140 cals

Dinner
2 servings of Doc Chili, 3oz Cube Steak, and some tasty Brocolli! = 460 cals

Total for the day is 1348, but I'm just gonna need to have some watermelon later...haha


No comments:

Post a Comment