Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 103: Crazy News

I got up early this morning so I could stop by the Y before work and get some Cardio in. I have a slight hidden agenda on that though. A little while ago they started a Star Contest, and every day you go to the Y to workout you get a star. It lasts for 30 days, and the winner gets a Walmart gift card. And then the top ten get a T-shirt...I'm all about me a free T-shirt!! I obviously wanna win (no, I not competitive, not me!) but we are 11 or 12 days in and I have gone every day, and so have like 6 or 7 other people! I wonder what they will do if there's a tie! I bet we will get smaller gift cards :( boo! Haha yea not the end of the world! I'm just Wondering...sheesh! Lol

So I go to the Y this morning and other than working out I want to find the guy who has been in charge of the Healthy Living Challenge and make sure I've got all of my dates right. I had to double check because I was waiting for Zumba to start last night and was talking to another woman that is in the challenge and she was positive that it ended in late April! That had me really curious, so I had to find out what was up. So I found the guy I was looking for and he confirmed that the information I was given was correct. So they are having a final meeting on March 19th, when they will weigh in everyone that is there and then you have until the 23rd to make sure you weigh in. I guess they are giving people a final chance to make sure they get weighed and they're having a 5 day grace period. I have every intention of weighing in at the meeting and then busting some booty and weighing in again on the 23rd. I don't know if it will work out that way...but that's the plan!

So anyways, he gives me this information and then he says, "Oh and the guy who donated the money for the winner has also contacted KFVS12 (our local News Station) and they're going to be at the meeting on the 19th. Since you've been doing your blog every day they are going to want to interview you." For a second I was like, interview me for what...then I quickly realized he meant FOR THE NEWS on the TV!! So...I guess I'm gonna be on the news!! I've always been the one behind the camera...never EVER would I imagine being on television, even if it is the news! The idea TERRIFIES me and Excites me at the same time!! Oh me oh my!

So that's my crazy news for the day :-)
It's Friday, so I'm in Cape...I'm training a new manager for the studio and I really think she's going to do great once she gets it all figured out. Believe it or not, there's a million details that you have to learn to do the job and do it well. It's quite overwhelming for the average person! I'm a really fast learner so I catch on to stuff really, really quick, and through my experience in training over the past 5 or so years, I've learned that it's not that easy for most people!! So I'm in Cape and training this new manager and in comes this customer. Automatically I recognize her...I just couldn't quite place her. So we talk for a few minutes and I realize I do know her from when I used to manage this studio, but she's lost a TON of weight! So of course I asked her about it and she says she's lost 120 pounds!! Wow!!! That's going to be me!! I can't wait!! I had gained weight since I was the manager here, so when I see my old customers they don't see the weight I've lost because I look mostly the same to them. I'm so ready for the day when someone comes in that was a regular and hasn't been in to see me in a while and they don't recognize me :-) that day will be priceless to me!! I said in the beginning of this that I have 175-200 pounds to lose and I'm not stopping until I'm there! If I stop at 175 lost that would put me at 175 pounds and my weight range is somewhere around 125-155. So if I lost the 200 that would put me right at 150. I can't even fathom that! I'm terrified of the loose and baggy skin :( it will definitely serve as a reminder, but I'm hoping that I'm young enough that my skins' elasticity is still good enough to not leave me looking crazy in a bathing suit. I don't need a bikini or anything like that, I would just love to be able to go out on the beach with my husband and feel 100% comfortable in it.

So after I found out about the news thing I had to call a few important people and tell them what was happening. And one of those calls was to my good friend Olivia who has followed my blog every day and started her very own journey just one week after me. We have both lifted each other up, inspired each other and made each other proud over the past few months. And I couldn't wait to tell her! She was as excited as I am! AND because she's awesome, she's going to have her parents record the news segment for me so that I can have it as a keepsake. I'm so stoked! While we were talking, she was telling me how many people I have effected in her life through my journey. Because she started her weight-loss expedition, then someone else did, and someone else and so on. So we think that's pretty stinkin awesome! I started this blog to inspire and motivate me, and the fact that it helps other people is awesome!!

I'm home and exhausted from a long day of cleaning up Cape studio and training! ¡Buenos Noches! Lol :-)
<3 Honor

P. S. I love this cute little puppy picture :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment