Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 96 & 97: Road Blocks

Wow I can't believe I don't blog yesterday! I'm addicted to Vampire Diaries right now and after I got home I watched a few episodes and passed out! Yesterday was a very hard day. This whole week has been hard. I keep expecting it to get easier, but this week has been one of the hardest. I can't seem to make good choices am its ticking me off! I mean I haven't been going crazy or anything, but I definitely have not been making the best choices! Yesterday I really felt myself slipping...and I kept reminding myself of how far I've come and how important this is to me and I have to make this work. This is a lifetime, not a phase. It's something that I will always struggle with! But pure happiness is worth it!! My body ALREADY feels so much better! I can't imagine how I will feel when I'm not obese anymore. It's something I've NEVER experienced before. Not since I was 7 anyways. And I don't remember how I felt then. Lol. I want this so bad!! So why do I keep Putting up road blocks and hazard signs! It doesn't make any sense! Oh wait...yes it does...I'm an addict. Addicts crave what they're addicted to. While I do have issues with overheating healthy food too, I think the biggest problem is that I crave processed and sugary foods. It's something that has been a part of my diet or my entire life! And I just don't think my body is 'over it' yet.

Today was one of those days that I think my blood pressure was probably really high again. I ate a very unhealthy dinner last night that was high in sodium and I think it caught up with me. I knew better...but I still did it. And I payed or it today. There is, of course, a chance that this wasn't what caused my 'episode' but it seams a little to ironic that it only seams to happen when I have a really terrible dinner the night before.

Today, I have done an amazing job on my food choices so far. Oatmeal for breakfast, as usual, and then some Light Pringles for a snack, yea I could have done something healthier like veggies or fruit but I think that's a good choice. I had a really great lunch! I went down to Subway to order my usual turkery sub, and they had a sign up saying their debit/credit machine was down, and their toaster was too!
So I went over to the deli area and thought about some popcorn chicken. Um no way! There's Over 400 calories in a little tiny container of it! I was so sad. So I went on a hunt for a salad. They sell two pre-made salads that I like, and what would you guess? Out. I was really starting to think I wasn't meant to eat lunch today!! So I go over to get some of the pre packed apples with yogurt dip and I see these little trays that are only $2 each and I chose one with Broccoli, Baby Carrots, Cheese, Almonds, and ranch dip for around 300 calories! And then another with apples, grapes, and cheese cubes for like 180 cals! So all together 480 and I was STUFFED after I ate! And feeling pretty proud of myself. :-) I even went to the Y and got 10 minutes in on the Elipticle! Very productive lunch break!!

The rest of my work day flew by pretty fast until that last hour, which I hate, because I'm used to closing at 7 and the hour wait until 8 is a real BUMMER!

I went to dinner with my sis after work. She mulling over some ideas for a potentially awesome change in her life and I can't wait to see where it takes her!!

Have a good night!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment