Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 106: Lasagna...I think so!

Today was much better than yesterday! It went by pretty quickly. I worked in Cape today with my trainee and we were pretty busy until I left. One of the customers we had today was a customer that I used to see a lot when I was the manager up there and she brought me her grandbaby. Well until the other day, I hadn't seen this woman for probably a few years! And when I saw her, my jaw nearly dropped!! She's lost nearly 120 pounds!! And she's doing pretty much the same thing as me....low calories and lots of exercise....I barely know this woman and I am super stinking proud of her! I'm right at about half way to that and I know how much hard work and dedication I've put in...so I can only FATHOM how much work she's put in! How fantastic!!I just can't wait until I follow in her footsteps! She started (well I don't remember if it was her, but I think so) a group in her area called Big Fat Losers and they do 6 month long competitions, and everyone puts in $20 to participate, then at the end of the 6 months, whoever loses the most weight gets all of that money! What a GREAT idea! Of course, you would have to have someone responsible to do something with that money...I don't know exactly how that would work, but I LOVE this! I would really like to figure out a way to do this! Everyone would have to weigh in at the same place to start the competition and at the end....but I really think this is a really motivational way to get people going!!

So anyways...

 I had a nice healthy bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and a turkey sandwich with baby carrots and yogurt for lunch. I even had a nice indulgent snack on my way to Sikeston from Cape. I had 140 calories worth of teeny tiny Chips Ahoy cookies. And for dinner I enjoyed A Smart Ones Lasagna Florentine dinner with a side of Broccoli, YUM! Pictured Below. If you read my blog a lot, then you know I likes me some Broccoli!! hehe

I had two hours of Zumba tonight and both were taught by Ms. Kim. She has the reputation around the Y for being the most intense intructor of the three! Usually on Mondays it's Kim at 6 and Norma at 7. But Norma's on vacation...so we had a nice INTENSE two hour Zumba-mania tonight! Afterward I went into the fitness room and did a little bit of weight lifting...I feel like I've been falling short in that area lately. Maybe I'm not getting enough of the strength training in...I dunno, but I plan to pump it up a bit. The last thing I want is to work my butt off to get this weight off, and then end up with a bunch of loose skin that might have been prevented or at least minimized with more strength training!! So I pumped it UP tonight :) And then I spent some time in the sauna. I don't sweat like I should. So I'm trying to use the sauna to get my pores to open up and start sweating!! If you don't sweat, then your body doesn't cool off correctly when you're working out! And I need to be cooled off!!! So in to the sauna I go! I sure can work up a really good sweat in there, but it feel gross! LOL!!

Alright, I have a few things I want to get done before bed, so I better wrap this up :) I have a weigh-in tomorrow :) And usually I have Tuesday's off...but not this week...I have some special training to do, so I have to work tomorrow and I'm off Thursday instead...Argh! I don't like it when they jack with my schedule! Hehe...yea I'm over it ;)

Good night friends!
<3 Honor





1 comment:

  1. Love your attitude and your blog! Keep it up!
    Anneli
    rebeldieter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete