Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 95: Small group

Today was a very hard day for me. It was one of those days where I felt hungry all day. I made a homemade smoothie for breakfast and it turned out great! AND after I drank it I was pretty full! But then a couple of hours later, I was hungry again...ok I brought almonds to work with me, so I had them. The thing about call Linsey is that you may not feel full right after you eat them, but shortly after work you do feel the hunger subside. Plus, nutritionally, they're very good for you. Today was a short work day and I had already made plans to go spend a little time with one of my friends after work who just got a new horse and I wanted to meet him. :) So I had it planned out to go straight home after work and change into casual clothes and have some lunch and then over to her house. Which is exactly what I did. I stayed at her house for about an hour and a half and by the time I made it back to town, my body said it was starving again...uh NO! Not possible. So yea, a long story short, is that I didn't make it out of the night where I wanted to be on my calories and now I'm sad about it.

My workout was pretty good tonight and then I had bible study, which I always love <3 Tonight was 'Small Groups' and I really like that bible study a lot. It's every Thursday. One of our other small groups has a guy in it that really has a lot of weight to lose for his health and so they decided to support him, by starting a weight-loss challenge with him. It has swollen into a whole church thing and someone decided that we, as a church, we're going to lose 2000 pounds in a year. The problem that I foresee with that is that their really aren't a whole lot of people on board with it. I'm obviously all for it! But my small group is not interested :-( Someone made the comment tonight that they would just count my weight-loss for the team. Haha ok nice compliment, but I would love it if everyone would really jump in and do this! I've said before that I feel like living a healthy lifestyle is very much something God wants from us. There are many scriptures to back me up on that. I just wish people would really realize how this is an issue. But I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall with that subject right now.

God is great. I have been so blessed with so much success in this journey and am so thankful that even when I make bad decisions...I can go to bed and wake up the next morning with a brand new day and a fresh start!!

Good night friends!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment