Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 98: My heart is so full!

I had my breath taken away today. I was at church. Feeling great. We had worship, and it was a true blessing to me today. These days our Sunday morning worship consist of all guys, which is great, but I LOVE to worship with a female singer. I connect more. I get more out of the service. I can't explain it. And Lydia is my favorite she only 17, but God has blessed her with a gift of not only singing, but connecting to people in a way that enriches their worship. She usually only comes on Saturdays because her parents have her go to their church on Sundays. I can understand that, but it makes me sad, because I work through Saturday worship, so I'm not able to come anymore. And I greatly miss it. But this morning...there she was on the stage! I was so excited :-) and our worship was awesome for me today.

Then Chad starts the sermon and at one point he is talking about people spurring other people on and he gave an example that I honestly can't remember and then he look at me and says something like, "Honor starting her weight-loss journey and blogging about it every day has spurred the entire church on to making a commitment to lose 2,000 pounds!" What? Me? I thought that was all about the guy that needed to lose the weight (and it is), but they were inspired by me! Wow. I was speechless and utterly humbled! God is so amazing and my morning was one to top all mornings :-)

My friend Olivia that has been with me on this journey weighed in today and is at 35 pounds weight lost and 17% for her Percent of Weight lost! That is AMAZING! People tell me how awesome it is that I've lost 59.6 pounds in three months...ok...she has lost 35, but she started out at a lower weight so her percentage is the EXACT same as mine!! That means that Chica has been working her tooshy off and done a Fantastic job at it!! I'm so proud of her! She says I inspire her and I say she inspires me...so between the the two of us, we have a really great thing going!!

I had my Vegetarian style lunch again today :-) there's a few different kinds of those little trays and today I ended up with: baby carrots, Brocolli, grape sized tomatoes, apples, mini pretzels and cheese cubes. So ver similar to yesterday, but a little different. These for lunch make me feel like I'm making a much healthier decision than a Sub sandwich. Much less sodium and still a nice variety of food. I really have to force myself to figure out some stuff that works for me to being to lunch and start doing that. I can't afford to keep spending $5 every day for lunch! And I really like going over to the Y and getting some exercise in on my lunch too. I would love to get to where I could do some jogging too, but right now I'm pushing it already with my knee, so I really think I need to get some more weight off before I start that up. I don't want any unnecessary injuries to put a stump in my progress!! But I do have a standing date with a friend to run a 5k next year...so I've got to get to the jogging/running sooner or later!! :-)

So now I'm off of work, did a little grocery shopping (had to get some more fruit for my insane smoothie addiction, lol) I made myself a really healthy dinner. I fixed grilled shrimp, creamed spinach, baked potato with salsa, and corn on the cob. And all of that was less than 400 calories! I would catch a picture at the end of my blog, LOL. Everything was really good, except for the creamed spinach, I just couldn't get past the taste!!

Now I'm headed to Dexter to go workout with my momma. Have a good night and I'll talk to you tomorrow!
<3 Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment