Thursday, August 11, 2016

August 11th, 2016: Learning to be Grateful

Today I was listening to a Podcast about something...yea,,,I can't remember what the point was, but what I do remember was that he kept talking about being grateful. Oh yea...it was about being Happy. He was saying that we set our expectations too high, and then we are easily let down and create our own unhappiness. Part of his advice was to be grateful of everything positive in your life, so that you can overcome the negative. It's kindof funny because I JUST got a big old lesson on gratitude Sunday night during the closing session of the Younique Convention. One of the founders was talking and she was delivering her finial speech and giving us her "wishes for us" in the next year. One of her wishes is that we would become "Obsessively Grateful". Grateful of our circumstances because they bring us to our successes. And you know what? That can be applied to my weight loss journey too! I am grateful that I got so big so that I know how hard it is and how much WORK it takes to lose the weight.

I'm grateful for the sore muscles because they mean that I am making progress and my body is changing for the better. I have gotten to a point now where I almost crave those achy feelings because I KNOW that means I'm doing something right. I woke up this morning feeling every muscle in my back and shoulders area. That pool attacked me when I wasn't looking last night! Lol. I am definitely not used to using those muscles at all!

Work was nice and crazy busy as it has been all week. I feel like I'm finally starting to get caught up a bit from being out for a week. I tell ya what though, our phones just won't let up. We have had the highest volume of calls in the past month than I can remember ever. I am definitely ready for it to lighten up!

See, I was feeling it! Lol
I survived the work day and headed to the Chiro, then my first Zumba class in a week and a half! I was actually a little nervous! But there was no need to be. I was welcomed back with open arms and we had a good time. She did a lot of the older songs tonight and I loved it. I burnt around 800 calories and was really happy with that.

Afterward, I headed to my bestie's house (Barb's) because I am her dog torturer...lol. No I give her dogs all of their Parvo and 7 in 1 shots because they are all pansies. :) :) I had a very short, too short, visit and headed home to cook dinner. It's 10:00 and I literally just ate. I had some issues with my stove that made me a little crazy but I got it done and we ate and now here I am. I'm watching TV for the first time in weeks! It's weird, I used to think I couldn't live without it, but I really don't care anymore. I have way to many things going on to be thinking about tv shows.

Here is the breakdown of my food choices from today:

Breakfast
Peanut Butter Smoothie = 210 cals

Lunch
Turkey, Baby Carrots, Celery with Peanut Butter, Cottage Cheese, Doc's Chili = 501 cals

Snack
A yummy sweet baby orange = 45 cals

Dinner
Chicken & Veggie Stir fry with a tiny bit of rice because I burnt half of the rice (I thought I turned the burner off, but I didn't, oops, lol) = 368 cals


Dessert
2 cups of cantelope = 108 cals

That puts me at 1232 calories for the day. I feel like it should be more than that because I ate a LOT today...but I guess not. That's all folks! You all have a wonderful Friday! I sure plan to!

No comments:

Post a Comment