Tuesday, August 9, 2016

August 9th, 2016: Overcoming Obstacles

Well today was a rough one. I struggled with cravings ALL day long. It's like all that eating out on vacation is really catching up to me and I am NOT enjoying it One tiny little bit!

At work I had some Werther's Original hard candies that are probably 100 years old but I had a super bad sweet tooth and didn't want to go off the deep end. But that didn't help really. Only in the moment...and once that moment was over I just wanted more and more and..well..you know where this is going. After work I went to the Dollar Tree to get some stuff for a little project I'm working on. I'll share with you guys when I'm all done. :)

I had a weird epiphany while I was at the Dollar Tree. I was sitting out in my car, checking my phone before going in. Here comes this lady parking next to me and as I look over I see how little space I now have to get out. My automatic thought was, "Really?" How am I supposed to get out now? Well apparently she saw my face and she actually dug her key back out and started her car again and moved over. How sweet! But my epiphany was...I was automatically upset with HER...it wasn't HER fault! She was parked between her lines. Yea..a little closer on my side, but still well within the correct spot. Why do I do that? It's no one else's fault that I am like this! That's on me. No excuses.

Afterwards, I came home and cooked dinner and then my cousin came over for a makeover. We had a lot of girl time and complaining about men and all that good stuff...haha. We just had fun and it was nice!

I kept with my normal schedule of Tuesday's off from the gym. It felt kindof weird since I just came back, but I didn't want to do 9 days straight before I had another day off. No thanks!

Here is the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
Peanut Butter Smoothie = 210 cals

Lunch
Turkey, Dill Pickles, Baby Carrots, and Yogurt = 240 cals

Snacks
Veggie thins, 4 Werther's Original = 130 cals

Dinner
Petite Sirloin Steak, Side Salad and Mashed Potatoes = 525 cals

So...I'm at 1105 calories so far for the day...gotta find something else to eat before bed. But otherwise, I survived it and it didn't go crashing down!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment