Monday, August 1, 2016

August 1st, 2016: St. Louis, Day #1: Trouble

Wow, what a day it has been! I'm exhausted and I didn't even hit 10,000 steps, which seriously breaks my heart. BUT, I also didn't work out today, so 9,000 steps of actual walking for me is kindof a big deal. And let me tell ya, my feet can tell. They are hurting pretty bad. I got up around 7 and started getting everything finished up. Jamie had some errands to run for work and I had to take a shower "rinse" for my spray tan. It turned out pretty much exactly how I envisioned. Yay. Now, to hope it lasts until Saturday night. Eek! I'm going to add some self - tanner to it around mid-week to help push it through the weekend. This could easily become addictive!

So we got loaded and packed and all that jazz and headed out to Sikeston for a quick visit to the Chiro before heading out. I also stopped in Cape to see if I could find a body squisher at their Cato's, but no luck. Life. They always have a TON of 1x's and NO 3 or 4 x's....uh....hello inventory people??? You are killing your sales!! Duh! I swear, those people use absolutely no brain power.

The trip to St. Louis was smooth and uneventful. We found our hotel just before 1 and thought we would go and see if we could check in early. I stayed in the car with Molly while Jamie went to check. He comes back and says that they told him our reservation had been cancelled. Um...come again? Oh no I di'int! I called to SEE if we could cancel it and was told that they had a no cancellation policy. So....I said to Keep the reservation and we would make other arrangements for our dog. So we had to call the agency that cancelled it (because the charge was STILL on my credit card after 2 and a half weeks) and they assured me that a full refund had been issued, it just must not have been processed through my card company. Wow. So at the current moment, we have paid for 6 days at this hotel, two times. Lovely. This better work out in the end is all I'm saying!

After we got all settled and unloaded and ate a super late lunch, we relaxed a bit. Then we headed to pick up a few things from walmart and then we headed back in to St. Louis to go to the West County Mall because they have an Apple store and Jamie needed to go there. So....shopping trip for me! Lol

I found a plus size store (sizes 10-30 that I've never been to before. They had some cute stuff but it was to pricey for this girls budget. Especially for something I know I won't be wearing for long. Haha. While we were there we found this eyebrow threading place. I've been wanting to get my eyebrows thread for a while, but just didn't muster up the courage. Today I said, to heck with it! And did it. Funny story...she talked Jamie in to doing it too! Haha, his eyebrows are on fleek! Hahahaha.
From Gorilla to On Fleek! Haha
We decided to see if we could find something to eat at the Mall since it was huge and had a very large food court. So I was super stressed just thinking about it. We had seen all kinds of AMAZING restaurants all day that I would love to go to and pig out and just say screw it all. But I'm not about that! I stayed strong! Lol...so we go in to the food court and one of the first places we come across is a Japanese Grill...and the best thing happened! I looked at their menu, and everything had the calorie count on it! What?! And almost everything that wasn't breaded was totally within my calorie budget. Now I had a TON of calories left, because I was freaking out a little about dinner. But I used up my extra calories on a smoothie at Jamba Juice. Oh my...one could become very addicted to that place. They also had calories on their menu and they had LOADS of options. It was amazing. I could stay here forever. LOL. But no. Home is where my heart is. <3 
I only ate half of this...lol
Molly has done very well on our trip so far. She has set in the vehicle with it running during the day so she had air. And while we were at the mall, parking was in a covered garage, and with the windows cracked, she stayed nice and comfy (I checked on her a few times to make sure the vehicle temp was ok and it actually stayed Cool...yay). 
She's living the good life!
Ok so here is the breakdown for my food choices today:

Breakfast
My last PB & Banana Smoothie for a week! = 340 cals

Lunch
Pinto Bean Chips & Avocado Dip = 240 cals

Dinner
Teriyaki Chicken w/ veggies & fried rice, Strawberry Surf Rider Jamba Juice =  645 cals

That puts me at 1225 ish...I'm not  100% conviced they are that low because of the guess work on the Japanese...I mean...I just ate halfish of the container. So I'm ok with it staying that low since I don't know for sure. Yay for leftovers later in the week! Jamie is excited because he can have White Castle that night. 

Alright, it's after 10 and I have a big day tomorrow (hopefully at the Zoo!) Until tomorrow friends! Have a great day! Oh...I have to weigh in for my diet bet in the morning. Fingers Crossed...I'm super swollen tonight from all of the traveling. I can weigh in Wednesday if I need to. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment