Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 16th, 2016: Jail Yesterday, Court Today, What is this world Coming to!?!

So, my day started out like any other. I stayed in bed to long and then rushed to get ready and get out of the house on time.


See, pretty normal. I had no idea that my day was going to turn out how it did. So not to long after I arrived at work I got an email from our licensing worker at the Children's Division. We haven't pulled our license or anything, because that feels too final. I had totally neglected to consider the fact that even if we don't decided to foster anymore, we can still adopt. I sold our beds. I have been dealing with a lot, emotionally, and I just didn't want to see that empty bed in the bedroom. So, without much thought, I sold them and we started converting our extra room into an office. Done.

Then, I get an email today. A profile for a child available for adoption. I could almost literally feel the blood drain out of my body. What am I doing? How did I forget this was an option? I haven't gotten a profile in MANY months because they knew we were trying to get the placement of our niece. And before, when we would get the profiles, they would be for multiple children, kids too old for daycare, kids too young for school, etc. All kinds of things that don't work for a couple that both work and don't have family that can just watch two or three kids whenever we need them too. With the system, everyone has to have background checks and all this stuff, and people just don't want to deal with all of that. I can't blame them, it's not their kids. So...I kindof just closed my brain to the thought that we would ever be able to have a child. It's almost too much for me to take. All of this getting your hopes up, only to have them choose another couple. It's very, very hard. I don't like it. I don't like the constant reminder that I'm not adequate. I do that to myself enough, so why should I put myself through that. I just don't know. But I requested the long profile (pretty much just more info on the child and their history). We would love to be able to have the chance to adopt her, but I guess we will see what is in store for us on that front.

So, I had all of that going on, and then I get this call from this woman on my work phone, asking for me and telling me that she has papers that she needs to deliver to me with an affidavit for court. I ask her what in the world for and she tells me the records are sealed and she can't tell me, but she gives me the contact info for the person who can tell me. Long story short, this guy tells me that "his client" bought an old medical bill of mine and they are going to SUE me for the payment because I have deglected to respond to their requests via mail. I had never received a single thing! I am a little crazy about that stuff because we have been working out BUTTS off for two years trying to clean up our credit so that we can buy a darn house. And here comes this crazy call saying that a $750 original bill is going to cost me $1500 if I pay it today before 3pm to keep it from going to court, but if it goes to court it will be $3600. I call the hospital, they show a $94 bill...that's it. This guy knew my full name, social security # (which he blurted out over the phone, who does that) and my address and my work and cell #'s. I can't fathom how he would have gotten all of that info unless he was legit. I was losing my dang mind trying to figure out what to do. My cousin Brandon did some digging and the number that I talked to him on had been reported as spam, other complaints had him knowing all of their info and using a different Law Offices name. What a mess right??

I decided to just wash my hands of it. I requested the information that the hospital told me to request and he denied me and told me he would be sending me a summons. Well if that really happens, I sure have a LOT to tell the judge!

By the time my work day was over, I didn't get NEAR the amount of work done that I needed to, so I will be doing double duty tomorrow to catch up, but also, I was just a super stressed out hot mess! As I'm sure you can imagine. I set in the gym parking lot for 30 solid minutes, before I made myself go in. It was hard. I did NOT have it in me.


See that pouty face? Lol...I was totally done with the day and ready to eat a cheeseburger, some pizza, potato skins and a big ole blizzard...I wanted to say screw it all and go crazy. But did I? You know I didn't! I took my big booty into that gym and I very poorly pushed through Zumba. Lol

I screwed up a meeting time that I had with a few ladies about makeup, so I ended up going to the China Buffet and grabbing dinner and ate mine on the way home since I felt like I was about to starve to death. The end.

Lol...ok not the end...I went home and, if you don't already know, my apartment and my sister's are across the hall from each other, so I peaked in her window. She has been sick and so have her babies, so I just wanted to see how they were holding up. I ended up just having to go see them because the boys were playing so darn cute and I needed to play with them! Haha....I stayed way longer than I meant to, but it was a great visit. NOW, I'm ready for bed!

Here is the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
2 packets of Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal = 260 cals

Lunch
Celery w/Peanut Butter, turkey, string cheese x2, Dannon yogurt = 374 cals

Dinner
3 chicken on a sticks, broccoli beef dish, breaded shrimp and some black pepper chicken = 773ish cals

Which puts me way high from what I've been at for a few weeks with 1567, but after the day I had, I say, blah...I don't care! LOL Praying for a waaaaaaay better Hump Day!!! Talk to ya then!!


No comments:

Post a Comment