Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8th, 2016: Back to Work & My first Workout in a WEEK!

Well today started out just spiffy! I had insane insomnia last night. I could NOT get my brain to shut down and let me rest. The crazy part was that I was super tired. Can we say annoying?? I finally fell asleep after 2am just to get up a little after 6. Yuck! I didn't feel too bad, just tired. But I got up and got ready.

Work was INSANE. Lol...it was like 4 Mondays all rolled into one! Yuck! And it just kept going and going! I laid down to rest on my lunch. I didn't know if I could nap, but I could at least lay there in the dark and take a time out. I took about a 20 minute nap and felt more recharged and ready to finish out the day.

After work I headed to the Y for my first workout back. I was NOT looking forward to Zumba because the instructor on Mondays does a ton of hard moves that I can't do right now, so I do modify moves or walk in place or whatever and I just don't burn as many calories. So I go in and head to the Zumba room, but I run in to my cousins. I wasn't sure if they were gonna be there while I was there and neither of them care for that class either. So, I went crazy and decided to just go to the fitness area and work out with them instead. I chose the eliptical to start with. I was thinking 20 minutes on it and then 15 on the arc trainer upstairs after I walked it out a little.

Well I got on there and started blabbing to my cousin, Jessica, about my vacation and everything I learned at Convention and BAM...we were 30 minutes in...so...we decided to see where we could go with this craziness. So...we pushed a little more and a little more and then...we were done. Finito...jello legs. You do know that jello legs means you have really succeeded in the gym right? That's my professional opinion on the matter! Lol
After that, I decided that was pretty good for my first day back at the gym, and went to the sauna for more gossip and lots of SWEAT! Lol

The whole way home I was trying to decided what I was going to have for dinner. I had quite a few calories left and wanted to do something yummy & healthy. I just kept thinking about that pesto pasta I made last night and it sounded amazing! I'm hooked! So I made it again. Lol. Cuz I'm a boss like that. ;)

And that's my day! I hope you had a great one!

Here's the breakdown of my food choices for day:

Breakfast
PB banana smoothie with the new protein mix stuff = 300

Lunch
Turkey (no bread, I'm living on the edge!), Pickles, baby carrots, and cottage cheese = 235 cals

After workout cuz I knew I needed more calories
Slivered almonds = 170 cals

Din Din
Pasta tossed with Pesto and feta, butterfly pork chop and a cup of fresh cantelope = 649 calories

Which brings me to 1354 for the day. And I feel gooooood. LOL


Goodnight! Talk to you lovely folks tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment