Friday, August 19, 2016

August 19th, 2016: Non-Scale Victory Champion!!!

Today was a typical Friday, which, in translation means...awesome!! Lol... Out of workdays, Fridays are my total favorite, I'm everyone else who works Monday through Friday agrees! I felt so much more relieved with a lot of my work being caught up, and I really felt like it was a nice smooth day.


After work, I headed to the Y with a short (but intense) workout planned. I anticipated some strength training for my arms because I haven't done that in a while, and a vigorous 20 or so minute cardio workout on a machine. So I started with the strength training. I'm actually going to post exactly what I did today for those who might be curious. Please keep in mind that I have worked up to these numbers and if you decided to do some strength training, you should do the same. You should start with a weight that is slightly uncomfortable, and by the end of 10 reps, you should be feeling it. I started with 2 sets of 10 on most every machine I do, with a few exceptions. So here is what I did today:

Biceps Curl, 3 sets of 10 on 60 pounds

Triceps Curl, 3 sets of 10 on 70 pounds

Back Extension, 2 sets of 10 on 130 pounds (this is almost like a backwards sit up)

Machine Diablo, 2 sets of 5 on 10 pounds (this machine has a much fancier name, but I call it by what I feel it's real name should be, lol, you are in a seated position and you pull down with your hands while pulling up with your feet. So, while it says 10 pounds, I'm also pulling my whole body along with it! It's torture for your core muscles)

Chest Presses - 2 sets of 10 on 50 pounds

Pectoral Fly - 2 sets of 10 on 70 pounds

Pulldown - 2 sets of 10 on 70 pounds

It was safe to say that, after all of that, my arms were burning! I had no intention of doing anything else with my arms! Lol Afterwards, I went up to the Arc Trainer and pumped out my 20 minutes. When I was done, I was happy with what I had accomplished, but not overly excited about my calorie burn. It just wasn't enough. Then I realized that I hadn't even hit my 7,000 step goal today! No way was that gonna fly! So, I started walking the track. I never do more than 4 or 5 laps because I get bored. That's my problem with all cardio that isn't in a group class...boredom. I try lots of different things, but I'm always painstakingly aware of the slow lapsing time that appears to be in slow motion every time I exercise! What's up with that? Can anybody else relate? It's like some kind of mind torture! Haha



So I was walking, and listening to some self improvement videos. I thought, maybe I could occupy my mind enough that the time would go by faster but it didn't work. I have NO idea what those videos were about other than a few snipets here or there. So I switched over to music. That was better for sure, but my mind was seriously in a thousand places! I don't know what the deal is, but I'm pretty sure I have exercise ADHD! Haha...like seriously, I wish I could have written down the topics my brain was on...you all would be sooooo amused! But in between each little random thought, I was painfully aware of my feet. Specifically my left foot. It was burning. Like...blister is moving in kind of burn. But I kept going. I needed to get my steps!

13 laps is a mile. On my 20th lap, I hit my 7,000 steps. Lol...well shoot if I went this far, I might as well finish off that second mile. And I did!! I walked TWO WHOLE MILES! This was only the second time in my lifetime that I have accomplished that! I know that many people do much more, but for me, this is earth shattering stuff! Lol. So my day was made! I got my booty out of there and headed home to make Tacos (yes again, I made enough taco meat for 2 meals so that I would have an easier night later in the week, which just so happened to be today).

Here is the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
2 packets of Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal = 260 cals

Lunch
Turkey, String Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Apple Slices & Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt = 450 cals

Snack
My boss brought these homemade Brownies in! Eeeek! I just had one tiny piece! = 161 cals

Dinner
3 Tacos (seriously, Amazaballs y'all) I use wheat taco tortillas and spray both sides with zero calorie butter and drape them over the racks in my oven and cook them on 350 until they are slightly browned and crispy, they get a little crispier when they cool) = 552 cals



So that put me at 1423 calories total for the day which is perfectly fine with me since I burnt a little over 1,000 of them today. :) It was a great day!

Hey, if we aren't buddies on My Fitness Pal and you are on your own journey to a fitter, healthier lifestyle, I would love to be friends on there! Look me up @ honorwarren! ALSO, if you are one of the cool kids and you have a FitBit, you should totally add me on there too! honorwarren@yahoo.com.

You guys are the BEST motivation and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the encouragement and support you give me! Especially when I get messages from people that I don't even know read my blogs and they are super sweet! You get me all pumped up and ready for my next big win! Lots of Love & Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment