Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August 3rd, 2016: Vacation Day 3: Exploration

We had kind of a relaxed day with no real definitive plans. I packed a lunch for us before we left and then we headed to drop Molly off and go to the City Museum which was only 2 blocks away. I did something I never EVER thought I could do at this weight. I climbed 11 floors of stairs. To the top of the City Museum. It took me a little while. And I had to take some breaks. But I did it! The only problem was it was on some spiral stairs and I have never experienced a fear of heights quite like that before. I was perfectly fine for the first five or so floors. But then...then one of the metal pieces on the stairs shifted a little and I looked down freaked out and realized I could see all the way to the ground! And as I went up, the metal would shift here and there and I would think...this is it for me....I'm going to bust through these thin little stairs and fall to my death. That's how it ends for me.

It was SUCH a relief to reach the top. But then I was totally freaked out thinking that I either had to go back down those stairs, or take a slide all the way down. Nope. Neither! I don't want to and you can't make me. I was prepared to freak out! But then I found out there was an elevator. Haha...back to the ground floor I went. I wasn't a huge fan of the place overall, but was very proud of my stair climbing achievement! Lol...my sister said if I would have climbed up it again it would have been like climbing the stairs to the Taj Mahal (however you spell that), I say no thanks! I think I'll avoid the stairs for a little while now. Haha.

We couldn't find anything that we wanted to go see after that because I wanted to go to Grant's Farm, but they were closing in just a few hours. So we decided to go to the Galleria Mall. I haven't been since I was a kid and this was a good way to get our steps in. I'll tell you one big thing I've learned from this trip. 10k steps with Zumba or exercise involved is a totally different ball game from 10k steps of walking around. I fell soooo exhausted and worn out.

We ate dinner inside the Mall at this place called Weber Restaurant & Grill. It's the same Weber that makes the bbq grills and seasonings (which I love). We walked in, not knowing what to expect, and found a pretty fancy little restaurant. It was nice. Nicer than anywhere we normally go. I ate too many calories, because it was very hard to figure them out since they didn't of any type of Nutritional Menu, but Jamie had his heart set on eating there, so I ordered a NY Strip steak with Shoestring Fries. I only ate about half or less of the fries, but that steak had some CALORIES. And I ate some little Pretzel bread Rolls that were way to good.


That's it. I'm exhausted. I missed my Convention Registration tonight because we got caught up and I totally forgot until it was to late. So now I get to go with 10,000 other ladies to register tomorrow. Boo.

Here is the breakdown of my food choices for today:

Breakfast
One pack of Peaches & Cream Oatmeal, a cup of fresh Strawberries, 3 pieces of turkey bacon = 281

Lunch
Half Sammy, Cottage Cheese, baby Carrots, and apple slices = 335 cals

Afternoon Scnack
About 3 cups of Popcorn (we watched The Secret Life of Pets at the Mall, lol) = 150 cals

Dinner
New York Striploin, Parmesian Fries and 2 Pretzel Rolls = 938 cals

Lunch in the car, and my beautiful steak!


That puts me at 1704 and I'm not stressing about it. The last few days have been nice and low so I'm happy. That is still under my 1800 max and I didn't have any candy, or chocolate or sweets like I would have loved. Lol...Like Godiva Chocolate! .....it was sooooo tempting. But I made it. And I'm satisfied. Y'all have a good night. My emotions are everywhere again. I'm very stressed and it's bleeding off onto Jamie and making some of the between times very unpleasant. We had a great time today, but tonight was rough. So say a prayer for us. We need it. I don't do so hot in stressful situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment